Author Topic: Neg feedback - Yes or No...  (Read 8064 times)

waywardangler

Re: Neg feedback - Yes or No...
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 09:58:21 am »
Neutral: Excellent communication, return policy is a hassle, crappy UPS carrier.  I did not count characters so I am not sure if that is too long but something like that would be in order, I think.

I wasn't sure about the UPS store drop.  It probably does crimp their (UPS) pick-up system.  But waiting for a driver is a pain.  It is like waiting for a repairman and they NEVER show up on time.

olecanalantiques

• Kevin
    • View Profile
    • Ole Canal Antiques
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 11:46:10 am »
But waiting for a driver is a pain.  It is like waiting for a repairman and they NEVER show up on time.

I truly can not stand that kind of crap from these delivery company's. FedEx, is absolutely horrible about that. When they delivered my Droid X, they said it would be at my house anywhere from 8:00AM to 7:00PM...
Ole Canal Antiques

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 04:16:11 pm »
I'd leave a 'flat' feedback , just like the trumpet .
 ;) :D ;)
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 07:14:42 am »
You know.. when something goes wrong, it seems to just keep getting worse.  The second trumpet I ordered was supposed to be delivered yesterday (Out for Delivery notice).  About 7:30PM the UPS truck stops and goes to the neighbors house.  Hubby runs out and asks if he going to wrong house...  Driver says no, verified addy on package, then rechecks his truck for Hubby.  Nope - nothing there for us.

This AM I check UPS site again and see this:

DELIVERED, 2010-12-08, 19:12:00

I love hearing Hubby play but I have a feeling this Trumpet is going to be like nails on a chalkboard to me!

@Fancy: LOL - I'm trying to incorporate that in my feedback. It's funny!
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

waywardangler

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 08:35:24 am »
It should say where it was delivered...front door, side door, etc.  I had the same problem and had to look once and it was at the front door where they never leave pkgs.  Must have been a new driver.  They could have left it at your neighbor's.  Just because it says delivered does not mean they couldn't have delivered it to the wrong house especially if that delivery time is when the truck was at your neighbor's.

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 12:01:50 pm »
After MANY mins on phone w/ UPS, they told me to Company had to initiate the call  (ARGH!!!!) >:( :(

Called the Company, did a conference call - got excellent UPS person who told me a neighbor called in (last night) saying it was delivered by mistake to wrong addy - She (UPS lady) gave me the addy, I put on my coat, walked down a few blocks and picked it up. It's in perfect condition.

I'll give the Company pos feedback mostly because the service has been excellent and all my anger has been re-directed at UPS. That said - I will say something about not liking the refund policy.  She told me it will take 5-7 days AFTER they have received the trumpet for me to see it in my account.
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

waywardangler

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 12:14:45 pm »
It is hard to get good help nowadays.  :(

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 12:21:19 pm »
No kidding!  AND - the guilty UPS driver was cutting thru our residential street (BIG no-no) while I was walking back home, box in hand. I figured he was doing the PU and re-deliver so I stopped him.  He hadn't heard about it yet but admitted he was the guilty party.  His response was he had too many packages and too many deliveries.

Don't think he's happy in his work....

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 04:59:04 pm »
The holidays get crazy for postal and other carriers, so the next few weeks will be worse than usual.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 08:24:53 pm »
I bet they were bitching like this way back in the olden times , about articles that had to be shipped (no offence intended towards anyone who feels they were bitching) & didn't arrive in their represented condition .

My guess is that the problem is always about having humans in charge of things .....

I know things go wrong in shipping & sellers 'representing' items in slanted definations , so I almost all of the time try & arrange the shipping myself (which is NOT practical in Ebay/on-line sites , IMO) .
I prefer to be a hands-on guy (or get a friend to look for me) when it comes to buying antiques .

I do so hope you get the item you really want , Oceans64 !
On the flip side , now you've got a story about how you got (or will get ???) it !

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 06:39:06 am »
I think that you did the right thing, in the end, Oceans. I personally don't believe that the company were to blame and over here that sort of return policy would be rather good (sending out a replacement as soon as they get confirmation of pick-up) ... many companies here wouldn't do that until they'd received the goods back and had a chance to 'inspect them'. So to me, being prepared to send out a replacement once picked up, and only refunding once actually returned sounds fine. They probably have been stung once too often, an losing the cost of a replacement is better than losing the actual $ (whatever their mark up is).
Glad it arrived and must be music to your ears.
I had an ebay disaster a while back. I bought a 19th century spelter statue (£105), and when it arrived via our Royal Mail there was a beautiful pierced whole in the carton. Unpacked only to discover an arm had been sheered off. I had to claim from Royal Mail (Parcelforce really) and three months later I got compensation the cost of the estimated repair + postage refunded (£85 + postage). I then shipped it off for the repair job, only to receive an e-mail two days later from the chap with two photos, one of the package as it had arrived (completely battered) and one of the statue minus arm number 2! I had to smile as I read that as the deliveryman walked into his workshop already carrying a battered package, he tripped, dropped the package and fell on top of it   ::)  Fortunately the driver wasn't hurt!
I claimed compensation and this time they refunded the value of the item + postage (the full £105). The second company was a courier and I received a cheque within a fortnight.
I had planned to sell it on anyway, but managed to make £85 without even having to  :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:40:51 am by mariok54 »

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 09:10:47 am »
Yeah...  I don't disagree but what's wrong with operating under the assumption that people are basically honest and not out to get you? 

They have over 19K in feedback which adds up to a TON of sales.  The law of big numbers dictates that yup...  eventually they will get "taken"...  However, as one of the majority of honest people out there, I don't like being lumped into the "suspect" category just because out of 19K ++ sales, they got taken once or twice and probably did not due their due diligence resulting in the loss.

They have the ability to see pictures via email, talk to their customers on the phone and can and verify that UPS picked up from same addy... so really, what are the chances?  It's just easier to assume the worse than gamble on the probability that they're dealing with an honest customer.

I'm using this company as an example but I think most businesses on eBay operate like this and it's a bit sad to me.

waywardangler

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 09:18:53 am »
I agree, Oceans.  Plus they can look at the feedback of any customer and determine what customers are good and which ones are not so good.  I look at sellers' feedback before I buy because I can't walk into the store and determine if I want to shop there.  If a seller had bad reviews about poor customer service and a poor return policy, I would be very hesitant to make a purchase.

People are basically honest, it is just the dishonest ones that make everyone a little more careful in their deals.

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 09:22:36 am »
Hi Oceans,

I think I missed the bit where it said just how big the company's Feedback was, and that probably does make a difference, especially as they will have budgeted for a certain level of losses . I do feel for the small business that is trying desperately to keep afloat. But I agree .. it is sad, maybe I've just become cynical about LARGE modern day businesses and don't expect any real service from them, so when I do get it I'm pleasantly surprised .. it's like Christmas!