Author Topic: Maytag stuff?  (Read 3522 times)

olecanalantiques

• Kevin
    • View Profile
    • Ole Canal Antiques
Maytag stuff?
« on: December 16, 2010, 11:15:02 am »
Hey guys, sorry i haven't been around much lately, i been sicker than a dog and haven't been out of bed for the last 4 days! Anyways, i was down in one of our storage buildings last week and noticed we had a bunch of old Maytag wrenches and spark plugs (NOS) along with a few Maytag motors. I tried doing an eBay search but didn't find much. My dad said he found all sorts of stuff but i can't for the life of me find what he is finding on the bay.

Any help  is greatly appreciated!
Ole Canal Antiques

waywardangler

Re: Maytag stuff?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 11:22:36 am »
Marked Maytag wrenches can bring good money, ole.  Some sizes or numbers are better than others.  I think they were for the old hit 'n miss engines and the washing machines.  That is about all I know.

Found this..."Here is a list as to the rarity and value of Maytag wrenches this list was put together from Auction results of wrenches listed #1 Maytag Wrench(Common)$5.00-20.00, #2 Wrench (common)$6.00-22.00,#3 Wrench (less Common) $12.00-25.00,Number 4 Wrench (Rare) $125.00-$165.00,Nunber 5 Wrench (Rare) $145.00-235.00,Number 6 Wrench 5.00-$20.00,#7 Wrench (RARE) $150.00-$300.00, Number 8 (Rare) $75.00- 155.00. Be On the Look out for Altered number 7 this is same wrench as number 2 but has a Notch out of side of wrench which can be added to the number two wrench for a Imatation of a number seven wrench. My only advice is to look down in the notches to see if there are die marks where the two dies came together to stamp out the wrench there will be a ridge or line running horizontial. It took me 4 Years to find a correct number seven wrench. A complete set 8 Maytag wrenches is in the price range of $650.00-$800.00 The Number nine wrench which is sometimes reffered to is NOT a Maytag wrench it was supplied by a Bicycle company to fit the bolts on your wringer washer. The story goes Maytag stopped suppling wrenhes with washing machines and the dealer if they still wanted to give one away with washers where given a part number for the Bicycle wrench. These wrenches are not marked Maytag Nor Did Maytag have anything to do with these other then giving dealers a part number for ording wrenches. Story goes dealers ordered wrenches direct from Bicycle Wrench Company Not Maytag"

From http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5115
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 11:32:39 am by waywardangler »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 05:45:13 pm »
I knew old "specialy" tools were higher dollar items....good find on the info wayward!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 10:25:13 pm »
Nice info there , waywardangler !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 02:51:26 am »
olecanalantiques... .hope you are feeling better!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!