Author Topic: Now this is getting funny........ (more of a vent than anything)  (Read 1887 times)

Oceans64

• View Profile
Now this is getting funny........ (more of a vent than anything)
« on: December 17, 2010, 01:19:24 pm »
I think my eBay Karma is out whack...  LOL

2 of the 4 packages I mailed about 11 days ago are "stuck" at a post office some 20 miles from my house according to the tracking info.  They have been "stuck" there for the past 9 days.  Prior to that, I ordered something and it too was "stuck" at the very same PO for 10 days.  I called USPS yesterday and the CS rep filed a report. Someone is supposed to get back to me by Monday night....  You would think I would be disappointed about the long wait but I felt pretty good I actually figured out how to get to a LIVE person and convinced them (after several generations of my story) something is wrong....

So this AM, I check to see if there has been ANY movement...  None on the two I sent, however, the one I was supposed to receive showed up in Maryland!!   ::)  ::)  ::) So it has traveled from CA to WA to MD...  With any luck it will find it's way back to WA - and not via it's motherland (AKA China).

I'm more concerned about the ones I mailed.  Thankfully the buyers are (so far) understanding.  I'm keeping them up to date on my progress so they know I'm watching it.... 

I'm not sure what I did to irritate the delivery gods...

"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

waywardangler

Re: Now this is getting funny........ (more of a vent than anything)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 01:40:09 pm »
I had the same thing happen to a package I sent to NY awhile back.  It was scanned every day for 6 days in a row in a distribution center and it was only about 16 miles from where it was supposed to be delivered.  I worked at the USPS for 31 1/2 yrs and handled some problems like that so I thought I could get this taken care of too (but I am retired now).  I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with the PO out there, the distribution center out there, consumer affairs out there and in MPLS, and no one could help me or would help me!  I also filed a report with Consumer Affairs in Mpls and my local postmaster immediately called me up (I happen to know her as I worked with her before she was promoted).  I explained the whole thing and believe it or not, the package was unstuck and delivered the next day!  Either my postmaster talked to the right people or it was a coincidence.

Good luck Oceans!  I would talk to your local postmaster as they do have access to phone numbers in the postal system that you can never get.  Consumer Affairs is just a middleman to pass things along.  They like to have nice and tidy reports with happy endings but they do not actually do too much.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 02:16:35 pm »
I have found taht they get swamped during the holidays. It's even worse with UPS and FedEX.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

regularjoe2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 06:07:08 pm »
All their fancy stuff & no one there thinks of hiring Santa .... tisk , tisk !!!