Author Topic: hard to photograph this chinese box?!?!?! is it chinese?  (Read 1325 times)

Overloaded

• View Profile
hard to photograph this chinese box?!?!?! is it chinese?
« on: December 29, 2010, 05:22:00 pm »
This is the most difficult item I have ever had to try to take pictures of though one of my favorites ever from dad's stuff.

I believe it was used to store game pieces as most boxes I've seen are game piece set or whatnot?

The design on the box is so beautiful however its difficult to show in a snapshot how it looks from different angles as its effect is quite cool play on its tones/colors from different POVs.

this is inside the box, I don't know how to read or figure out what it is saying

any idea what story is being shown on the box as well as what is this box's purpose?

« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:33:49 pm by Overloaded »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: hard to photograph this chinese box?!?!?! is it chinese?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 11:54:28 pm »
Try taking a pic without the flash on!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 02:35:21 am »
Hi Overloaded,
KC's advice is what I would have suggested. If you look on the Antiques Talk section at thrift store finds, you'll see that I've posted pics of a wood tray taken with and without a flash. Unless you are a photography geek, then natural light is far better for capturing finer detail.

Overloaded

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 01:17:04 am »
without the flash my camera couldn't capture the details was so frustrated. Will try to bring over a fish tank lamp and see if it'll work.  ::)