Author Topic: glass candle stick holders  (Read 2372 times)

johnale

• View Profile
glass candle stick holders
« on: January 23, 2011, 01:27:13 pm »
I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the candle holders.These were in my moms house for over 40 years. They weigh 3.5 lbs each

mart

• View Profile
Re: glass candle stick holders
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 05:41:15 am »
Is there a mark on the bottom ?? Sometimes it is difficult to find.

johnale

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 06:04:54 am »
I do not see any marks but there is a blank paper sticker and three felt pads. Thank you for your help.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 06:13:40 am »
 Looks like a fairly modern form of art glass . That is to say within the last 50 years or so. Lots of glassware of this type is imported.  If I were to guess at their origin I would guess they are from Italy. But that is all it is,,, a guess !!

johnale

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 06:18:50 am »
What do you think the value is on them.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 06:47:31 am »
Hard to guess at value without knowing what they are. I would go to ebay and see if you can find something similar. Go by the selling price there . Any piece of art glass is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. And you never know what that amount is from week to week. You could list them today and get nothing,,or you can list them next week and they go crazy !! You just never know.

johnale

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 06:53:32 am »
I found nothing on E-bay that looked like my items,but I will keep looking. Thanks again

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 08:03:29 am »
I agree with Mart and other glass collectors here.  It's is dang near impossible to ID glass if you don't have any clues to it's origin.  Believe me, I've spent hours and it really is a "needle in a haystack" effort.  One thing I would recommend is to spend a few hours at a larger library that has some books on glass.  That may lead you somewhere but unless you see it in a catalog it'll be hard to say for sure.

Are you looking to sell on eBay or are you just trying to find more info? If your looking to sell it will take some patience and don't expect big $$ without maker or origin info (and even then).  The sheer volume of glass there gives folks lots of options.  Blue is a popular color tho...
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 09:34:16 am »
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php  You can try this sight. It looks Murano. They have a Murano Collectors Society and all kinds of glass topics.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."