Author Topic: Holmegaard Kastrup  (Read 1644 times)

tony641

• View Profile
Holmegaard Kastrup
« on: January 24, 2011, 03:30:44 pm »
I picked these 6 glasses up today at a thrift store.  I know nothing about them.  I tried to do some research on the internet but could not come up with anything on these particular glasses.  They are about 4" tall.  I tried to get a picture of the marking on them but it is hard to see.  It says Kastrup Holmegarrd around the edges and a design of a bird like figure in the middle.  Any information you can give on them (including what they may be worth) would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Holmegaard Kastrup
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 03:36:32 pm »
My book shows 2 white similar glasses from $60.00 to $100.00
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

tony641

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 08:50:21 pm »
Wow, I could handle that.  I thought they looked neat and with the maker's lable on it with the paper I figured they might be worth something.  So I took the big gamble and paid the $6.00 for the lot of them.  Might have paid off.  Anyoe have any idea when they would have been made.  Thanks again.

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 08:58:56 pm »
I cant see your label clearly but does it resemble one of these?

http://www.holmegaardresource.com/labels_labels.html

If you click the sort by function you will see similar glasses but no detail on them...
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

tony641

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 09:23:17 pm »
It looks identical (other than the color) to the one from 1965-1975.  It however is not blue and white, it's the color of the one from 1965-1970 for crystal.  I really appreciate all the help. 

I tried the link and hit the function tab but it only shows me 3 glasses from the 20's and blank spots for the 30's-50's. 

Thanks again everyone.