Author Topic: Automatic 5-Star Shipping Rating  (Read 2679 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Automatic 5-Star Shipping Rating
« on: February 01, 2011, 11:46:16 am »
I noticed something I thought was a good improvement on the feedback system when I went to leave feedback on an item this morning. The shipping feedback stars were grayed out. I checked the explanation and Ebay has a system in place no to where if the seller meets or exceeds the shipping expectations, he/she gets an automatic five-star rating in the shipping category. I think that's a great idea, it keeps sellers ratings from suffering when there are shipping delays that are no fault of their own.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

waywardangler

Re: Automatic 5-Star Shipping Rating
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 12:17:57 pm »
I haven't really read up on it but I think it is connected to PayPal or if you create a label thru eBay.  Then eBay knows when you have shipped (or said you shipped) the item because that info is electronically submitted back to them.  Ebay does not have to wait for feedback on the shipping.

You can adjust your ship out time on eBay from 3 business days, 5 days or whatever.  Then I think if you ship within the time frame you stated in your posting, the shipping star rating kicks in.  

From eBay  http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/detailed-seller-ratings.html
"If the seller met specific shipping time requirements, the seller will automatically receive a 5-star shipping time detailed seller rating and you won't be able to provide a rating for this category.
Note: If we determine at a later date that the seller met the requirements for an automatic 5-star shipping time rating, we may adjust the rating to 5 stars."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:55:10 pm by waywardangler »

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 01:20:58 pm »
This was the first time I had seen this. I actually got a notification that the seller had shipped within a couple of hours of having purchased the item. Pretty impressive.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

jonnyheroes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 04:14:56 pm »
A seller will also get an automatic 5-star shipping rating if the shipping is free.

CaryW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:13:34 am »
I always do free shipping because it seems to attract more buyers. I think I had read that it resulted in a 5-star rating on ebay when listing the item. Usually buyers pay a little more to factor in the shipping versus the same or similar item with fixed shipping.
What's the best shipping service for shipping antiques I sell and buy online?

waywardangler

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 01:32:55 pm »
After July, eBay will start charging fees on shipping costs so sellers using free shipping will not be paying more (or less) than sellers not including shipping in the bid price.

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 04:09:36 pm »
After July, eBay will start charging fees on shipping costs so sellers using free shipping will not be paying more (or less) than sellers not including shipping in the bid price.

I get how this benefits eBay but kinda bites for the rest of us... 
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

waywardangler

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 09:15:47 pm »
eBay only cares about eBay and stockholders. A figment of its' former self.