Author Topic: Kitchen Goodies  (Read 1549 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Kitchen Goodies
« on: February 02, 2011, 02:07:51 am »
I don't quite know what to do with these, but they are kinda cool.  More kitchen goodies from my friend's Victorian. Maybe put them into a shadow box in the kitchen? Sell 'em as a lot?.

The shoe soap box is unopened, but mouse-nibbled on one corner. The soap is still inside. The two white and red spice jars I suspect will turn out to have some value.  (Would look great in one of those red/white retro kitchens.) They are heavy "milk" glass and have the original lables, and even a bit of spice inside.

The other stuff I think has little to no value. Faultless Starch unopened free sample has happy homemaker lady drawings on the back. Looks like 1930's or 40's? Clabber Girl looks like modern packages, but it has a paint can style lid and a 21 cent price on the bottom. Spice Islands Bay Leaves, similar to modern packaging, but looks old. Almond extract has a 31 cent price on it. Green food coloring dried up remains in bottle, unopened. Uncolored "Home Liquor for Shoe Soap" I don't know what the heck this stuff is, but it's for use on calfskin or kid.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:17:51 am by talesofthesevenseas »
Antiqueaholic in recovery

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Kitchen Goodies
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:25:56 am »
Found the spice jars on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/18-Piece-red-White-Spice-Set-WOW-/390078151465?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ad2783b29

and it looks like old kitchen packages go for a pretty decent price on Ebay...

CuriousCollector

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 02:48:41 pm »
Anything red will have value to collectors and decorators.  I like those spice jars very much!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 04:16:35 pm »
Yeah the spice jars are pretty cool. Very art deco looking. Unfortunately not a match with my kitchen.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 04:21:02 pm »
Amazingly enough tins and old spice jars (originals not reproductions) always sell good.  They seem to bear higher prices in summertime!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 04:30:37 pm »
OK maybe I should hold onto them for a little while and then Ebay them when the weather is better. Toss them out with a .99 starting bid maybe and see what happens?