Author Topic: Vintage Glass Perfume Bottle ...Any age to this?  (Read 5038 times)

mariok54

• View Profile
Vintage Glass Perfume Bottle ...Any age to this?
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:36:38 am »
Hello  all ... I've found this on-line and thought that it would make a nice little gift for my wife. It purports to be 1930s, but I've no idea whether it is that old. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:25:59 am by mariok54 »

hosman321

• View Profile
Re: Any age to this?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 08:31:48 am »
ironlord would be the best person to ask about this, but I just looked and he hasn't posted in almost 2 months! Where, oh where are you ironlord?
It's very pretty by the way!

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:47:26 am »
I was also thinking 'Ironlord' when I was posting ... but knew that he hadn't been around for some time   :(

waywardangler

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 09:33:50 am »
Ironlord hasn't posted in awhile but he has been on this forum as recently as Feb. 3 and he does have many active listings on eBay which might be keeping him busy.

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 10:05:20 am »
Hey Mario - My library has 1-2 books dedicated to perfume bottles.  I try to get down there tonight and take a peek. 
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 11:23:01 am »
Add "vintage glass" to the subject line. That should turn Ironlord's head.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 11:25:09 am »
Thanks Oceans (I hope your Library is very local!) , and thanks Tales, I'll do that if I can work out how!   ;D ;D

That was simple!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 11:28:38 am by mariok54 »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Vintage Glass Perfume Bottle ...Any age to this?
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 01:43:02 pm »
Certainly looks like it could be from that time. I assume it is unmarked? Usually when I find something that is hard to date, such as your perfume,, I look closely at the bottom for wear ! Most have a rim that the object sits on that is ground. I want the most wear I can get on it .  These were picked up, moved and put down many times. The bottom should not be free of marks.. If it is,, probably a newer bottle.  Ask them to send you a close up.  If the bottom looks right,, I would buy it !!  Its a nice one !! Love that topaz color !!
Ooops !  Sorry, that second pic didn`t download before I posted.  We are on dial up so its slow.  That is the bottom isn`t it? 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 03:05:35 pm by mart »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 02:38:27 pm »
Looks like the style you would have found very popular in the late 1950's to 1960's.  Betting it is from around that time period.  Reminds me of Libby glass.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 06:16:51 pm »
Mariok My 2 cents  I would say from the photos yes 1930s Czechslovakian amber glass. If you do not mind me asking how much do they want? Would really need to have hands on to be sure of if it is a repo or not  but if they are not asking $$$$$ it would be worth that risk. Really beautiful piece!!!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 07:10:02 pm »
It would be a beautiful gift regardless of age !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 10:47:54 pm »
Agree that it is a beautiful piece.  My sis-n-law collects all kinds and would love another amber one!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 01:41:22 am »
Mariok My 2 cents  I would say from the photos yes 1930s Czechslovakian amber glass. If you do not mind me asking how much do they want? Would really need to have hands on to be sure of if it is a repo or not  but if they are not asking $$$$$ it would be worth that risk. Really beautiful piece!!!

Hi, I've found them in an on-line auction but decided not to give the link ... this site gets so many visitors that I didn't want to generate my own competition. I have no real idea about the value that these fetch, and Googling has left me none the wiser with some real extremes. But I like it, and I'm sure my wife would love it, so I'm prepared to go 'quite high'   ;D I'll let you know the outcome!

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 07:31:29 am »
Hi Mario - My apologies as I didn't get to the library last night but am definitely going today as I have some books to return.  More later.  Czechslovakian helps as well.  As for my opinion... 

It's lovely!!!
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 09:54:56 am »
Mariok I have found 2 in Czechoslovakian perfume bottles & boudoir accessories book written by Jacquelyne Y. Jones-North  same shape diffrent colors. Amber Czechoslovakian perfume  bottle with amber stopper is rated as scarce to find. On a scale of 1-7 it rates as a 4. I would place a value of over $225.00 on this one. From the photo it appears the dauber has been broken off the stopper but most are. Good luck !!!!