Author Topic: "CRAFT" NECKLACE HAS ANYONE SEEN ONE LIKE THIS BEFORE OR KNOW ANYTHING ???  (Read 2610 times)

sweetpea51

• View Profile
I received this from the family of a friend that passed away. No one knows where it came from. She had a lot of vintage items. But this looks new. I have searched the internet. I did find the engraving CRAFT is from GEM CRAFT. I can only find a few items from GEM-CRAFT Corp. If anyone knows anything please let me know

THANKS

???
I did find some information about gem craft. I would still like to know if anyone else has one like it.

Thanks
 :'(
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:11:32 pm by sweetpea51 »

mart

• View Profile
Re: "CRAFT" NECKLACE DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS???
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 04:59:33 pm »
If you put "Gem Craft Jewelry" in the google search you can find the company. It was the very first listing when I searched. They are located in Cranston, Rhode Island.

sweetpea51

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 06:46:05 pm »
Thanks I did go there. But they do not have many photos of Gem-Craft items. I did email for any info they can give me.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 06:57:50 pm »
Ask them to send you a catalogue !!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 07:57:05 pm »
Gem Craft Co  Gene Verrecchia In 1933, Coro hired him as a designer, and within three months, he was the
head designer for the company, a position he held for over 30 years.
The company began in 1945 Gem craft continued to make jewelry for  Coro and Kenneth J. Lane, Capri, Mandle, Tancer, Kramer and Cadoro,they  continue to make original pieces for specialty companies and stores and has a “library” consisting of a sample of every piece of jewelry produced by Gem-Craft in the past 50 years.  Hopefully someone will take the time & give you some answers. Is this your piece???
 http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-GEM-CRAFT-PEARL-CHOKER-NECKLACE-Amethyst-/260741103315?pt=Vintage_Fine_Jewelry&hash=item3cb5617ed3

sweetpea51

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 05:19:40 pm »
When I searched the designer Gene Verrecchia. I found more items, I still did not find this one. I will keep searching.

sweetpea51

• View Profile
Hi,
I am still looking for anyone that has a choker/necklace like this one.
Thanks