Author Topic: Who's responsible?  (Read 16853 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: Who's responsible?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 04:38:40 pm »
Sounds like you need a house number post with a golden sphere on top of it!  ;D Seriously though, are you getting the rest of your mail? If so, she's got to know which house you are, unless the mail boxes are separate from the physical homes. I'm guessing that maybe the problem. Maybe you should mail yourself an empty box that requires a signature. See where she takes it and who signed for it or if your signature is being forged.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 08:59:27 pm »
Not a bad idea !! 

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 02:34:00 pm »
Oh what a relief. A man just brought me my sheets and my husband's extremely expensive prescription shoe inserts. She has been delivering our stuff to his house. What a nice guy he was! That post office is going to hear it good, I knew they weren't delivered to me!

waywardangler

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2011, 02:40:25 pm »
Hallelujah! The carrier's supervisor needs to know about this and pronto! What else is the carrier delivering and where??

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2011, 02:45:53 pm »
Thank goodness!!  Send us pics of your "made" bed!!   ;D
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2011, 02:55:30 pm »
Mystery is solved!  Now to make sure it doesn't happen to you (or anyone else) again. You should sleep well tonight  ;)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2011, 05:41:21 pm »
Kudos to your neighbor for being an honest guy and bringing them to you! Glad this is resolved. A complaint is definitely in order so that the problem can be corrected.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 03:04:38 am »
Glad to hear that your little difficulty has been resolved, Hosman. It begs the questions as to how and why so many people who are trusted with the responsibility of the safe passage of our belongings so frequently get it so badly wrong?
I've posted off my claim for the damaged sewing box, but don't expect a resolution for about 12 -16 weeks, that is about the average over here, if you provide all the information required up front (there are that many claims being made!). They really do need to make the claim forms a little more user friendly. I think I am an intelligent person but I had to rethink a couple of the questions. However, if so many people didn't make errors, and have their claims put on hold then it's possible that claims could take even longer for those who get it right first time ... if that makes sense?   :-\ :-\ :-\

waywardangler

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2011, 08:39:38 am »
I often think forms are meant to discourage people from completing them. Rebates are a prime example. If the rebate form isn't completed and sent in with the proper documentation, the company does not give the rebate but they have still sold the product.

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 09:24:56 am »
So true Wayward....  And if you're like me, much of the decision to buy it was made b/c of the rebate!
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2011, 04:56:02 pm »
I really hope I'm not going through this mess again. It's beyond frustrating. I ordered another 1700's textile. It was shipped out Thursday (Priority) with insurance and a signature required. Not here yet, sitting by the door for hours again. I've never had priority take more than 3 days. They did have a big snowstorm in the seller's area, so I am hoping that is the reason. Wish me luck. Ugh.

waywardangler

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2011, 06:51:28 pm »
Hosman, if you have the number you can check online when it is out for delivery, which would mean that specific day. I do this when I have packages coming so I know when to be home.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2011, 07:04:08 pm »
Yeah, that's another issue. I told the seller before she shipped it to have a TRACKING number, signature required and insurance because I was so worried. After she shipped it out, she said "it doesn't have a tracking number because it is usps, not ups." She has been selling on ebay for nearly 10 years and she doesn't know that you can put a tracking number on a usps package? ??? I thought that if you get insurance, it has to have a tracking number, otherwise how will they know what the heck happens to the package? But now that I think of it, the last package she sent had a green "insured" sticker but I didn't see a tracking number... She's been an amazing seller, up until she said that.

waywardangler

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2011, 07:23:06 pm »
Insurance does have a number but you cannot look it up...only the post office can on their service network. If it is $200 or less, no signature is required. If it is $201 or more, then a signature is required. I cannot believe the sender does not know about Delivery Confirmation or Signature Confirmation. The clerk at the post office asks if you want that service all the time.  Fingers crossed. There are no green insured stickers. Certified is kelly green, Del. Con. is bright green, Sig. Con. is bright pink, insured under 200 is black, and over 200 is blue if they use USPS forms. If they do it through PayPal or Shipping Assistant then there are no colors. I have been retired for 2 yrs so I am going from memory.

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2011, 07:41:26 pm »
She isn't printing postage via Paypal?  They automatically send the tracking number to the buyer and available to the seller in any number of views.  Maybe there is a better way for volume sellers but I sure find it convenient as both a buyer and a (sometimes) seller...