Author Topic: Cool donation this week.  (Read 1372 times)

Redfrog42

• View Profile
Cool donation this week.
« on: March 13, 2011, 09:32:47 am »
So this week we took in some old suitcases. My coworker almost denied them but being a vintage/antique lover she took them. I grabbed one to check it out and had priced it at $23.00. But then something caught my eye. The manufacturer's name was one I immediately recognized.. Halliburton  ??? I had no idea they made suit cases. So I pull up eBay, ruby lane, and esty and lo and behold this old suitcase can sell for upwards of $250.00. So needless to say I peeled the previous sticker off and lock it up in my office for further research and to wait for it's space in the locked cabinet for sale.

I don't have a Pict of the actual case since it's in my office at work but I found a similar one on esty. http://www.etsy.com/listing/67011541/halliburton-aluminum-suitcase-vintage?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=halliburton+&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintage 
Mine has it's original Key, and a few stickers from a Col. Henderson I think.  I am thinking that it belonged to a military guy that has donated some pretty cool things before like the old trunk sitting about 10 feet from me holding all my extra blankets and sheets lol and the desk from the Pentegon we sold last year.

Oceans64

• View Profile
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

Redfrog42

• View Profile
Re: Cool donation this week.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 10:04:09 am »
Humm it would be cool if it was. But I'm not sure how it could be possible. I'm in Minnesota and he was from Penn. However, with the desk being donated last year who knows lol. I also could have the name wrong but I know it said Col. and it started with H. could be possible that its Hanson as well given my memory lmao I will double check it on Monday when I open the store again.