Author Topic: Bamboo Fishing Rod???  (Read 4778 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Bamboo Fishing Rod???
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 11:42:09 am »
Spinning rods made for use with "open face" spinning reels usually have a large 1st guide and then a smaller 2nd guide, etc.

Spinning rods made for use with "closed face" spinning reels the guides are all the same size.

waywardangler

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 06:37:09 pm »
Bob, the DAM Quick 330 is a very good larger spinning reel. I have a Quick Microlite (ultra light) spinning reel that I have had for years and it is still going strong. The Microlite is basically the same as a 110. The 220 is a little larger for freshwater spinning and the 330 is larger yet. The reel that was on it is worth more than the rod.

bob535

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 04:23:01 pm »
I have been out of town that is why i never responded to this  ;D I do still have the DAM quick reel, I was thinking about selling it, since I do not go fishing very often anymore. I used to go mostly with my grandpa years ago, now I do not really have any friends that enjoy it. I am going to keep one rod and reel for myself. I found a bunch of old tangled rods in storage and I don't really know where they came from. I do recognize the rod and reel I used to use when fishing with my grandpa, but that one was totally trashed, and had to just throw it out.

The Rod and reel I was thinking about keeping just in case Fishing ever comes up is:
Reel: XC55 5.3:1 gear ratio
Rod: Bass Special TCR 335B

Is that a good combo? I have never heard of an XC55, but it feels like a nice reel.

waywardangler

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 07:40:24 pm »
Bob, neither number is a manufacturer name so could you post a pic and maybe I could tell if it is a good reel and rod?

bob535

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 07:43:47 pm »
Sure no problem...I will do that tomorrow. Thanks wayward

bob535

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 08:32:12 am »
Sorry took so long to post these pics, but been really busy past few days.
This is the rod and reel I am thinking about keeping for myself.

waywardangler

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 08:47:02 am »
It looks like a nice rod and reel combo, bob. I am surprised it doesn't have a maker's name on it. If the bail trips and picks up the line properly, then it would be OK. If it doesn't trip or is slow, then there is a problem with the spring and it would have to be fixed. I would definitely change out the old line with new before using. The reel handle can be changed from left to right if you are more comfortable reeling with your right hand. Most right-handed people would cast with their right and reel with their left hand but if you are left-handed, it would be the opposite.