Author Topic: Antique wagon?  (Read 5258 times)

switzersweet

• View Profile
Antique wagon?
« on: March 14, 2011, 08:26:33 pm »
I am trying to sell this wagon for a friend.......origin ally owner paid 350 for this.....wondering how old it really is and what it can go for now? I have searched and searched to no avail....it is in really good condition...heavy,steel wheels...exact copy of a true size wagon....thank you for any help

fancypants

• View Profile
Re: Antique wagon?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:54:43 pm »
Interesting item you have there , switzersweet .

I'm uncertain about the scale (size) of your rolling chassis , but I am wondering if you think that this item may be a goat cart/pony cart ?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:07:10 am by fancypants »
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

waywardangler

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 01:14:50 am »
Yes, I agree with fancypants on this being a goat cart. These are readily available at flea markets. Most are European in origin. $350 is at the very top end. I see these priced $200-250 all the time. Sorry about the price news.

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 02:17:36 am »
It is a shame that it isn't over here in the UK, as you would, IMO, make a nice profit on it. This would end up outside a pub or restaurant with flowers flowing from it, or in someone's garden. Over here it could fetch anything over £300 (c $450 approx)  and even a lot more.

switzersweet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 07:17:23 am »
Thank you all so much, fancypants,thats exactly what I thought it was,wasn't concerned about getting more than the owner paid,just wanted as much as she paid, I love it,thinking about buying it myself.... appreciate the help !

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 10:45:40 am »
Looks like you have an Amish goat cart. They are still made today. Hard to say if yours has much age or not since these are made using traditional methods. Here's a new one for sale for $380:

http://www.smithandspeed.com/catalog/item/4542488/4740416.htm

Antiqueaholic in recovery

switzersweet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 02:31:44 pm »
Thank you for that pic,yes, I think that is what it is.....appreciate all the help !

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 02:58:09 pm »
Yepper, Goat cart it is!  Fun item!  hard to tell with it painted! But from the hardware....would bet early to mid 1900's.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

switzersweet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 05:09:54 pm »
Just wondering if anyone can share any other places/sites that I could use to sell these items,other than Ebay, I am angry with them right now  ???

waywardangler

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 05:39:32 pm »
I guess the question is what are you wanting to sell?  There are other venues but the traffic is still on ebay. I have no experience with selling other than ebay and craigslist (locally). Anyone have any ideas that are viable?

switzersweet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 05:50:18 pm »
I am looking to sell an antique goat cart and an antique secretary  :)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 05:55:59 pm »
I would try Craigslist since they are both large items that would be very expensive to ship.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

switzersweet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 05:56:59 pm »
Oh I always do craigslist,may put the secretary up on Ebay as local pick up.....thanks for the help !

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 06:23:22 pm »
Just a suggestion for the cart,, it looks like it could be used for miniature horses or could be fitted for  them. Try the free horse sites like Equine Now, Horsetopia, ect. Some are very "into" miniatures and you might sell it there !! Some of the ads you pay for, but some are free listings !!  Only thing you have to watch are spammers. And you must do a cash sale on these ads, no checks or money orders. Many ripoff artists that will offer to send you are larger check than the item sells for !! Just say cash only at pick up !!

switzersweet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 07:13:14 pm »
Thank you Mart,great idea, I am going searching now.  :) and I am all to familiar with spammers having done Craisglist for a long time...