Author Topic: Royal Doulton Figurine Query - Autumn Breezes - Two shoe/foot  (Read 3839 times)

Pringleplace

• View Profile
I have been researching the value of this item. I have established exactly what it is and where it was made and in what era.

The question I would love to have answered is that in a lot of the sites I have looked this item up, it mentions the rare two shoed variety as opposed to the one shoe variety.

Does anyone have any more info on this and why two different versions were made and if there are any interesting facts I am missing.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Doulton Figurine Query - Autumn Breezes - Two shoe/foot
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 08:24:28 pm »
Pringleplace, I don't know if this helps or maybe you've already come across it. Several examples of Autumn Breezes shown here.....the last one appears to be yours, with a bit of info on it.  Will see what else I come across.

http://oldemaine.homestead.com/files/RDb.htm

Royal Doulton
Autumn Breezes
Model HN1934
Two Shoed Model
Date Coded

"RARE Date Coded Royal Doulton AUTUMN BREEZES HN 1934
Modeled by Leslie Harradine
Pretty Lady with Ermine Muff
~ Modeled with TWO Shoes~ Rare!
Early Model
Date Coded with a printed number beside Doulton mark
indicating it was produced in 1942!
A World War II Issue!
A REAL COLLECTOR'S FIND!
Colour: Autumn Leaves Red.
Perfect Condition!
7-1/2'' Tall; 19.1cm"

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:48:17 pm »
I don't know if the logic or reasoning behind why a piece was produced a little differently in limited production is truly knowable. Same with dolls. It could be something like the feet being prone to chips, but it may nmot be known.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

Mindings

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 08:05:45 am »
It would help if you can confirm the markings on the base (perhaps a photo!)
Autumn Breezes prices vary considerably between £25 and £200 (UK) depending on age and condition. As previously said sometimes the patterns were adjusted if a section proved vulnerable to chips, although the more prominent foot would seem more vulnerable.

Pringleplace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 08:06:30 am »
The base markings do not differentiate it from any other item like this! It is still the same Item no and there is no real date on it either like some of Royal Doulton items have. I can only identify which era it was made by the style of the stamp on the back. I just wanted to know if anyone did know the story behind the changing of the feet! I think though from my research that the two - footed variety are older! That would make sense!

Thanks for your feedback!!! I do appreciate it!