Author Topic: HELP, IS ANYONE FAMILAR WITH A POTTERY COMPANY BY THE NAME OF AYNERS  (Read 22286 times)

agreeneyes

I HAVE THESE TWO LARGE POTTERY OWLS AND ON THE BACK IS THE NAME AYNERS.  I'M ASSUMING THEIR VINTAGE BUT I'M UNABLE TO LOCATE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS COMPANY.  

THEY'RE  11 1/2 INCHES TALL - 6 INCHES WIDE - 2 INCHES DEEP.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE COMPANY AND IF THEY'RE STILL IN BUSINESS.  ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME IDEA OF THE VALUE OF MY OWLS, THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP AND ALL OF THE HELP THIS SITE HAS BEEN TO ME IN THE PAST.

waywardangler

Re: HELP, IS ANYONE FAMILAR WITH A POTTERY COMPANY BY THE NAME OF AYNERS
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 07:20:50 am »
Agreeneyes, using all caps is akin to shouting. Why are you shouting? The name looks like "arnels" to me and looks homemade rather than factory. Probably done in a ceramic/pottery class.

Arnels makes molds for ceramics, that is why the owls looked homemade. "Arnel's Ceramic Molds Leader in the ceramic mold industry since 1953! Welcome to the next generation of Ceramics! Whether you are an artistic hobbyist, an art instructor or a finished-ware, greenware or bisque manufacturer, Arnel's designs every mold for your success".  Could be new or could be "vintage" but value would be minimal in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:42:46 am by waywardangler »

agreeneyes

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 07:56:26 am »
Thank you but it appears to read Ayners and both are vintange and finished identical

waywardangler

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 08:32:32 am »
Your piece is arnel's which may appear to look like ayners but it is not. Impressions in ceramics are often confusing and fuzzy.

Your piece is above and a known "arnel's" pot is below. The similarities in the two names are unmistakable.

Vintage is an undefined term that could mean last week, last year, or 30 years ago. "The correct usage of the word vintage is when identifying the year when a wine was made. Since the term has been hijacked and abused for the sole purpose of describing and hocking other non-wine related items; it's rather meaningless and can pretty much be used the way anyone wishes to continue abusing it." From an eBay "vintage" forum.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 09:59:09 am »
Yup agree wayward Molds purchased from arnel's by someone teaching a  ceramics class. Even if they were produced in 1953 & someone used the mold at that date I would still value them at only around $5.00 each.

agreeneyes

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 11:45:26 am »
thank you for the clarification.  My husband aunt who's turning 101 in May has quite an owl collection.  She's been collecting for over 30 years and unfortunately she is downsizing so we're having to sell her collection.

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 11:56:13 am »
Owls must have been a popular collectable back then. My g-ma collected them (probably) starting in the late 70's and definitely through the 80's
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 12:22:44 pm »
Just saw an add on craigslist  someone looking for owl stuff they collect them it was Worcester, mass. craigslist.

agreeneyes

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 02:00:57 pm »
thank you, I'm having a nice success with ebay right now but I'll definitely keep it in mind.  Appreciate the information

khunn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 03:42:55 am »
I am always on the lookout for vintage and interesting owl collectibles( especially glass ). What is your ebay seller name so that I may take a look? thnx.

khunn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 03:48:20 am »
nevermind....I found it through your Howard Pierce owl.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 11:07:45 am »
Nice work wayward!!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

agreeneyes

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 07:11:34 pm »
Keep watching I probably have over 4,000 owl items to list and have just started.  just exactly what kind of glass owl items are you looking for?

agreeneyes

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 07:16:34 pm »
By the way I found the smaller owl that goes with my larger Howard Pierce Owl so I have both now.  Size is 5 inches tall for big owl and 3 inches tall for smaller owl.