Author Topic: Innovation Trunk  (Read 7613 times)

JSTJR

• View Profile
Innovation Trunk
« on: April 17, 2011, 01:01:33 pm »
I was wondering if anyone had information about the value of this Innovation trunk. I haven't seen anything quite like it online and heard that the "bump" in the top may increase its value?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/a/gv6eM#zKGIx

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Innovation Trunk
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 05:15:09 pm »
I like these style of trunks - they were originally "humped" in style so they wouldn't be stacked!!!!

Here's your patent information on your "Convertible Trunk & Wardrobe" as it was patented with that name.
http://www.google.com/patents?id=22tlAAAAEBAJ&pg=PA2&dq=Seymour+Bonsall&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=1#v=onepage&q=Seymour%20Bonsall&f=false

History of company by Seymour's first patent shows up in 1900.
http://www.eagletrunks.com/steamertrunkdetails/innovationtrunkco.html

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:38:22 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 12:40:25 pm »
Nice info , KC !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

JSTJR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:22:22 pm »
Nice info , KC !

Yes! Thanks a lot!

I'm a 20 year old college student who's definitely interested in stuff like this, but I don't really know....anything!

Would this be something I should look into selling or should I hold on to it for a bit?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 02:35:31 pm »
If it was me...I would hand on to it.  Great item....it will only get rare with time and go up in value!  Great conversation piece.

HOWEVER, you have to do what it right for YOU!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 01:32:28 am »
If it was me...I would hand on to it. 

Is this KC being a touch indecisive? 
'hand it on' ... 'hang on to it' ... 'hand it on'... 'Oh, you decide!   ;D

Sorry KC ... well researched!   ;)

waywardangler

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 07:34:29 am »
Maybe KC meant he would keep his hands on it?

JSTJR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 10:07:03 am »
Hmmm. Well, if you don't mind me totally picking at all your wonderful brains...

How would I go about finding someone who wants to buy this? Throw it in my car and drive around to antique shops? If it could get me a reasonable amount of money I'd probably want to sell it but I have no clue what to ask for and don't want to put it on ebay or another website without that knowledge.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 08:51:33 pm »
I would think that Craigslist would be your best bet for selling it, depending on your area. Although you could contact a few shops. Most antique shops (at least in my area) are one big building with "Spaces" that people rent out and sell their stuff. Most of the time, the renters are not there. So, if you haul it around there may not be anybody there to buy it! Which would be frustrating. Of course, not all shops are this way but most are. What do you all think is a good asking price?

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 12:41:59 am »
Maybe KC meant he would keep his hands on it?

I think you are  right ... but not so interesting!  ;D

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 07:45:44 am »
I've seen a couple of these trunks in the past few years at antique shops in Snohomish (the antique mecca for those in Seattle). I have been trying to remember the prices but am 93% sure they were $200-300. If you sell to a retail space owner you can usually expect about half of what they will price it for retail I think.

Your other option would be to take it to an auction house.  They will give you an indication of what it may go for. Of course there are no guarantees and you must factor in their fees. You are under no obligation to sell it if you feel their estimate is too low.

CL is the place where you would have the most control over price but there is the PITA factor of having to show it, answer calls, bargain etc....  I think CL shoppers are looking for bargains.  Obviously, posting lots of good pics with a detailed description, will reduce the looky-loos...

My feel is that I wouldn't take less than $200 if in generally good condition but I am no expert in these by any stretch...
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 11:32:57 am »
LOL  My brain was going faster than my fingers...meant to put hang on to it. 

Craigs list or Ebay....or a local farmers market where they let you come and sell your wares.  Where are you located? (Can send this private message if you choose).

This is a great item for decorators these days!  They like to have them open and display some clothing hanging and an open drawer with dainty items showing!