Author Topic: RomWeber Chairs  (Read 2209 times)

TyAtkinson

• View Profile
RomWeber Chairs
« on: April 17, 2011, 08:37:21 pm »
Searched around a lot of sites and dug up some information but the company sure seems to have made a variety of furniture and i do not want to alter the chairs if there is value in them the way they are, any help would be much appriciated.

waywardangler

Re: RomWeber Chairs
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 09:59:20 pm »
That chair is for a visitor you do not want to stay long. That is one uncomfortable looking chair.

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:23:02 am »
I like it!  Looks nice and sturdy for sure!!  Is that a date or resemble a date on the top of the label?

You have probably seen but I'll post for others. It looks like part of their very popular Viking Oak collection. http://www.batesvilleantiques.com/antique_furniture_inv.htm Several pics on that site but most have horse heads carved in.  The above site has an email addy and could probably help with value or year if in doubt. I didn't find anything with regards to $$

About the collection: http://www.romwebermarketplace.com/history

No Romweber collection, however, was more popular than our Viking Oak Collection. Word has it that in the early 1930's, R. J. Romweber, grandson of our founder, took a trip to Norway and was inspired to create a line of furniture, based on Nordic design. The result was the Viking Oak Collection, which thrived from 1935 - 1987, making it the longest continuing, commercial furniture collection.
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

TyAtkinson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 12:33:14 pm »
Ill send them a Email to see what they can tell me, it is a date its 12-30-1963 and the finish is Nordic

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 02:42:00 pm »
Ty, nice design...but doesn't look comfy on the back (like Wayward's comment LOL).

You might get $30 per chair if lucky, more reasonably, $ 20 - $ 25.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!