Author Topic: Antique Poker Table Need Help  (Read 1422 times)

Jflo300

• View Profile
Antique Poker Table Need Help
« on: April 18, 2011, 02:15:24 am »
Hello,

I picked up a poker table from a garage sale over the weekend.  It looks very well built and pretty old.  The seller referred to it as an antique.  The sticker on the bottom of the table reads "Marquette Mfg. Co Ludington, MI No.160 Made in USA".  I have spent quite some time looking online for the manufacturer but cannot find anything.  I'm trying to figure out what it may be worth or if I overpaid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

J

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Antique Poker Table Need Help
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 02:32:24 am »
Antiques very seldom have a "Made in USA" sticker on them.

waywardangler

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 06:48:46 am »
They at least were in operation in 1883 through 1950. They were not listed in the 1875 Gazetteer. There is not much info on this company so the best bet is to determine the table's quality, how well it is made, what type of wood it is, and what condition it is in. If you bought it because you love it and are going to use it and it was less than a similar table, then you would not have overpaid. If you bought this to flip that is a different story. There were hundreds of furniture makers in Michigan but the information on this one is almost non-existent. The manufacturer's name is not going to lend any value and it will have to stand on its own merits as to value.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 02:39:02 pm »
Have to agree with cogar on the label!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!