Author Topic: Military item question  (Read 5756 times)

memorybox

• View Profile
Re: Military item question
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 10:00:53 am »
Thanks Texasbadger,, it would have taken me a while top find that out,  if I ever did !!

Thats quite a collection you have there Memorybox !! Interesting !!
thank you my mothers ex worked private security in kosavo in the mid 90's and he brought these back for me.

memorybox

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 10:04:57 am »
Thanks guys just happens to be in my area of interest, the other cap is trying to be a Waffen SS Model 43, but as with the pins is most likely a reproduction, the front button is wrong but could have been replaced.
what makes you think the pins are a reproduction

Texasbadger

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 10:26:05 am »
There are single button M43 caps out there but a single photo wont suffice to authenticate a cap one way or the other, the silver pin may have a chance the other is a fantasy item of modern (post 1945) manufacture.  Here is a shot of a Model 43 trapezoid for you to compare, some had black thread highligghts of jawline and eyes, but if the patch is bad, so is the cap, most times.[/img]]

memorybox

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 10:33:11 am »
There are single button M43 caps out there but a single photo wont suffice to authenticate a cap one way or the other, the silver pin may have a chance the other is a fantasy item of modern (post 1945) manufacture.  Here is a shot of a Model 43 trapezoid for you to compare, some had black thread highligghts of jawline and eyes, but if the patch is bad, so is the cap, most times.http://[/img]]
yep mine has black jawline and eyes,there are numbers inside of cap RBNr 0/0062/0431
                                                                                                        57
also any idea what 23vr20 means on the medal

Texasbadger

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 10:37:37 am »
Not on the cross medal, but here are some shots of the variants of the other medal, If you want take very good shots of the cap front back and inside and send them to texasbadger@sbcglobal.net and we will see, would be a nice find if original

memorybox

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 10:51:37 am »
Not on the cross medal, but here are some shots of the variants of the other medal, If you want take very good shots of the cap front back and inside and send them to texasbadger@sbcglobal.net and we will see, would be a nice find if original

Okay, I sent you an email. You should be getting it soon.

bostjan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 03:10:25 am »
Hello

The first cap with the badge is indeed serbian traditional cap, called sajkacha. The badge is the cast of chetnik ( serbian ww2 formation loyal to the king, fighting the germans and communists ) insignia. It is a modern production, mass used in Balkan wars 1991 - 1998.

If it is maybe for sale, i would be innterested in the cap. Please let me know, this is my email : jakopec.bostjan@gmail.com

Thank you !