Author Topic: Mikasa Japan tea set  (Read 1512 times)

Jenn17rs

• View Profile
Mikasa Japan tea set
« on: April 28, 2011, 09:51:09 pm »
I have a set of 8 tea cups with saucers, creamer, and sugar bowl (all but a tea pot). It says on the bottom Mikasa, Fashion Tones, DJ-505, Japan. They are two toned, blue faded to white. The saucers are white with blue around the edges. I received this from my grandmother as a gift. Said she'd had it "for ages." (She is now 91.) Is this worth anything? Or is it just old every day tea set? Thanks! :)

Jenn17rs

• View Profile
Re: Mikasa Japan tea set
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 09:59:48 pm »
i actually looked on ebay some just now, the pattern is called Moon Glow. An antique collector's post says it was discontinued in 1979.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 11:15:41 pm »
    At replacements it list them as being made between 1977 - 1979, Mikasa is a big name to collectors espically their Crystal line.  However Mikasa is still a big name, and lots of this stuff around.  As for are they worth anything, yes but you have to find the buyer who need them to complete the set.  Personnally you may want to think about watching Ebay and finding a Tea Pot and either have a complete set, but could be worth a bit more.  I would say a full set would get you $50.00 to $75.00, That is not really much, The collectors and buyer are mostly looking for Fancy or Extra Fancy set, and want at least Mid century in age.  But would still love to see a pic of them, but I vote for looking for a Tea Pot and keep it in the family. 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 05:30:27 am »
I agree with Ironlord !!  Find that teapot !!

Jenn17rs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 05:59:36 am »
Thanks so much! :) BEtter than the $5-10 at my garage sale lol