Author Topic: Need info on this table and chairs  (Read 2220 times)

kysfinest

• View Profile
Need info on this table and chairs
« on: May 02, 2011, 06:48:28 pm »
I'm hoping to get some help on this item. I have searched the internet for days and nights now trying to find out about it. My father recently purchased this at an estate auction having no idea what it was worth only buying it because he really liked it. We have asked several people in our area about this table and no one has ever seen one like it. I have searched and found a company called "Hans Olsen" that made one like it but all of their tables are maked and i'm unable to find any markings on this one. I am assuming it is a reproduction of their table. The table has 4 chairs with it that all fit "under" the table to form the outer edge. I would appreciate any help and information on this table. Thank you for your time

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:28:42 am by kysfinest »

waywardangler

Re: Need info on this table and chairs
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 06:52:06 pm »
No image. Please read "Photos are important" in the 'sticky' notes, kysfinest.

kysfinest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 05:29:57 am »
Finally got the pics to upload, thanks for all the help guys!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 07:51:36 am »
I have not seen that design before !! Appears to be hard rock maple and to me that would date it to 70`s or 80`s as far as date but it could be earlier !!  Have you looked for a name on it ??

waywardangler

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:02:01 am »
Where is mario on this? Here is a new version by Chelsea Textiles Ltd. of London http://www.chelseatextiles.com/uk/furniture/mid-century-modern/round-table-with-four-chairs-with-three-legs.html

An arts & crafts style oak one sold at auction in Dec. http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/five-piece-table-and-chair-set.-arts-crafts-sty-293-c-69bde0ba9f I am not registered so I have no idea what it sold for.

This type of nestling chair table must have been around awhile and the Mid-century Modern style is still available at least in the UK.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:12:27 am by waywardangler »

kysfinest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:35:24 am »
My father looked for a name on it and could not find one. I am going to look for myself as soon as it stops raining! (the table is loaded on a moving truck right now and has to be unloaded to look at it, hard to do when it's pouring the rain lol) Wayward, i registered for that site and the table sold for $646. It was a bit more fancier than my set though.  The Hans Olsen sets, which are teak, are selling for thousands. 4 chairs alone on ebay are $1000. I know i'm not lucky enough for it to be an original Hans set lol. Hopefully I can find a name on the table or chair to let me know who made it. I'll post that if i can find one maybe that will help :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 01:50:49 pm »
Looks Scandinavian.  (My folks have lots of pieces worth $$$$$$)

Style looks like early more mid 1900's.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 02:55:38 pm »
I thought Danish modern as well !!  Haven`t had time to look much today !!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 03:29:46 pm »
The basic design suggests Danish/Scandinavian to me as well. But the turned legs are bugging me. If you check out Danish modern pictures they seem to consist of sleek linear framework or flowing curves......not turned spindles. It's appears to be copying the style but with an added twist.  ::)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 07:22:28 pm »
Did not look close before but thats right !! And the feet look like a tiny Queen Anne !! Wierd style mix !!