Author Topic: Lenwile china  (Read 5777 times)

CJT

• View Profile
Lenwile china
« on: April 16, 2003, 10:15:13 pm »
I need advice.  My Mom gave me some Lenwile hand-painted china and it has a little gold sticker on the bottom.  I was going to put it in my garage sale, but I think I'd better find out how much it's worth first.  Where do I find that info?  Thanks-CJT

findit

• View Profile
Lenwile china
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 10:22:30 pm »
Judging for how much things went for in these auctions:
http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/se...rty=MetaEndSort

The higest priced item that sold in the last thirty days went for $33
Here is a picture of it. (this link will go away in a matter of days.. sorry if nothing shows up)

Useless Stuff Antiques

Lenwile china
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2003, 02:41:13 pm »
Lenwile made several figurines, decorative pieces, as well as actual china.  While their decorative pieces and figurines do not do well, some of their decorative china is more valuable.  Do you have a pattern name on the china or perhaps it's marked with a number on bottom?  One of the patterns I'm familiar with is the "Ardalt" pattern.  It's a very decorative hand painted china pattern with mostly blue and pink center floral decorations, scalloped edges, with a very decorative edge pattern.  The plates for this pattern are easily insurable for $30.00 each.  If you sell them at an auction, to a dealer or at a garage sale, though, it's difficult to get more than $5/plate.