Author Topic: Bridgeport Fixture Commercial refrigerator door  (Read 1209 times)

jcsmiles

• View Profile
Bridgeport Fixture Commercial refrigerator door
« on: May 15, 2011, 05:02:26 pm »
Can anyone tell me anything about the Bridgeport Fixture company.  I just got this beautiful old commercial refrigerator door that was used in a high school years back in Waterford, CT.  The emblem on the door says its from the Bridgeport Fixture, 12 Congress St., Bridgeport, CT.  I have searched the internet high and low for info on this company, but have had no luck. 

waywardangler

Re: Bridgeport Fixture Commercial refrigerator door
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 05:54:33 pm »
I cannot find anything on the net. I guess I would search Bridgeport city directories (at a library) from the 50s and 60s. Conn. as a state abbreviation was used years ago.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgeport Fixture Commercial refrigerator door
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 11:13:46 am »
I would recommend contacting the historical society or Chamber there about this.  The street is located in a historical district!

What is fascinating, is if you look at this link (zoom in) it shows that address is now under water (Bridgeport Port Jefferson)
 http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=OVh&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1440&bih=800&q=12+congress+st,+Bridgeport,+Connecticut&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89e80e7bca24a455:0x74c6226da102431b,12+Congress+St,+Bridgeport,+CT+06604&gl=us&ei=CVrRTcSRKMjn0QGxg6XgDQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQ8gEwAA

Congress St bridge demolition http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Congress-Street-bridge-demolition-starts-but-396782.php

Fire Department is at 30 Congress and the Juvenile Detention Center is most likely built on this property in 2008 (or it is blocked off until the new bridge is built)!

I couldn't find anything either...was apparently a mom/pop store before they renumbered the streets.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:31:05 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!