Author Topic: F.E. Myers water pump? Can't find anything about it!  (Read 6901 times)

ConfusedFellow

• View Profile
F.E. Myers water pump? Can't find anything about it!
« on: May 15, 2011, 07:17:55 pm »
Hello! I've come to your wonderful forums in search of some information regarding the following (can't seem to get a google hit for it at all).

My father recently purchased an old F.E. Myers Hand Pump, and is wondering about its value? I can't seem to find any information online.
It has a few different things on it, I'll list those and hopefully someone can tell me more!

-Ashland, O, USA (I assume that's where it was manufactured)

-A 1014

-PATd
Aug 1, 99
Apr 8, 01
Mar 7, 11

Thanks guys, as I've said I've reached a dead end. If no-one knows anything about it, where could I find some folks who do?

Thank you all very much for your time, as my search has come up quite empty handed!  God bless!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: F.E. Myers water pump? Can't find anything about it!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 07:37:01 pm »
Here's a bit of a start.....

http://www.oldiron-nut.com/myers/

And the home page......

http://www.oldiron-nut.com/

Don't know if his web site is still active, but might be worth giving a shout out to see if you can get any further info.

Several hits using search terms antique Myers water (or hand water) pump  ;)

waywardangler

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 10:00:15 pm »
I am confused as to why the need for a value? If your father just purchased it, I would assume what he paid for it was the current value. Useable hand pumps in my area of Wisconsin sell for $50-$150. People that are going to use them on a well pay towards the upper range and people that use them in the garden as a decoration and run water through them in a recirculating fashion with a small pond pump, pay in the lower range. The maker of the pump is usually not a factor for garden use.

Red Jacket is a brand that many people want in a useable hand pump in my area. They always bring around $150.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 03:31:39 am »
I never dreamed I would ever see a hand pump with a valve on it

Of course, iffen the pump was hooked into an artesian well then the valve would come in handy. ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 08:29:03 am »
Like Wayward said,, no great monetary value.  Most of the true value is in using it !!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 10:34:41 am »
I bet if you put it back into service in the yard, the kids/grandkids would love it!
Antiqueaholic in recovery