Author Topic: Help with my teapot  (Read 4661 times)

bjsmith1983

• View Profile
Help with my teapot
« on: May 23, 2011, 09:31:52 pm »
Hi I recently bought this teapot at an auction without knowing anything about it other than it was cheap ! So anyway Ive been researching for about a month and have come up with nothing.I would appreciate any help at all.

cogar

• View Profile
Re: Help with my teapot
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 05:17:19 am »
If you describe those "hallmarks" in the 3rd picture and/or post a really clear picture of them it will help greatly in identifying your pot.

bjsmith1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 10:09:07 am »
Here is the best pic i could get of the mark. I would describe it as a basic crown on top with some type of middle eastern writing then possibly the number 50000 on the bottom but really not too sure about the bottom.

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 10:20:05 am »
Was looking around a bit at Arabic marks but haven't seen anything like this yet. Don't think it's 5000.....but certainly could be mistaken for it. The last symbol has more 'shape' to it and also the 000's are not all exactly the same.  Will keep checking, but possibly someone else familiar with this type of mark will pop in.  ;)

waywardangler

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 12:35:52 pm »
I was looking quite a bit this morning and nothing popped up even close. With the new pic the second line looks like (and I am stretching it here) a crane, a croc, and a flying guy but it could be anything. The last line could be an S, a 5, or a 6 and after that is a O, a D, a G, and a Q. Hahaha. Really don't think so but that is a strange marking. I was mainly searching for what country used a single crown and trying to go from there. Finland used a single crown and Sweden used 3 crowns. Hope someone figures this out.  :-\

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 01:30:26 pm »
Trying another view. Hopefully it'll catch someone's knowledgeable eye.

bjsmith1983

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 04:12:31 pm »
Thank you all very much i will continue to look for any info.

bjsmith1983

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 04:18:38 pm »
Also not sure if this will help at all but this is a picture of the inside.Does anyone know how to tell if its silver or silver plate or another possible metal.

sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 04:53:33 pm »
By no means an authority on this, just 'thinking out loud' ....... hard to tell if what I'm seeing is a reflection of color or is there a coppery color showing through in some areas? If so, I'd say it's silver plate.

If someone isn't able to give you a bit of a start this would be the best place to post......

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/index.php (Just sign up and try the silver plate section of the forum first.)

Most searching you would do on marks will take you to their site. Fortunately they have a forum for just such inquiries.

Don't know why, but Egyptian keeps popping into my mind followed by Arabic. But like I said......I'm just winging it here  ;)

chirineko

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 12:48:38 am »
judging by the bottom square-ish marks i'd say it could be hebrew?

waywardangler

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 06:58:40 am »
These are very odd marks. Many but not all hallmark stamps impress a raised symbol or letter where these appear to be the opposite. On what part of the teapot were these marks located...inside or outside? Is it possible to take a pic of the same marks from the other side of the impression?

bjsmith1983

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 07:08:57 am »
these are on the outside of the teapot on the bottom here is a pic of the inside i think they somewhat show up on the inside but very vague. Thanks

mariok54

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 07:53:17 am »
What is that pattern going around its circumfrence called, the 'link' pattern?????

bjsmith1983

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 08:30:51 am »
I have no idea at all. What is a link pattern? Im Sorry im new to all of this.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 07:25:50 pm »
That is an odd  pattern,, isn`t it Mario ??  Sort of a linked chain ???