Author Topic: Please Help Identify Tea Cups  (Read 1440 times)

smile4katie

• My living Antique :)
    • View Profile
Please Help Identify Tea Cups
« on: May 31, 2011, 12:23:36 pm »
OK I have found all of my other pieces, mostly on Replacements.com, which I am curious to know if their prices are reasonable or not.

Anyway I knew I would not find these first two

My favorite! It is VERY delicate and hand painted

Other side

This one is Transferwear and done a bit poorly I might add :) but the pattern is fabulous! No marks what so ever.

These two I know the maker but can not find the patterns.

This is the brown one but I can not find my straight shots :)

Thanks for any help :)

smile4katie

• View Profile
Re: Please Help Identify Tea Cups
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 01:20:13 pm »
Anyone?

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 01:36:53 pm »
Went back to find a link that 'might' be helpful tracking the patterns for you........

http://www.antique-shop.com/forums/index.php/topic,7157.0.html

That brown transferware had me googling my eyes out, still nothing that resembles it......but not giving up  ;)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 02:02:11 pm »
ON your Tuscan chine Made in England...they usually had numbers stamped on that was your pattern.  Your mark with Plant was used around 1936 to mid 40's.

Your Zeh Scherzer China/Bavaria/Germany mark was used by the company between 1949 and 1991.  

Unfortunately there isn't a site that contains all of the patterns.  It is a hunt/find venture you are on....
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:14:17 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

smile4katie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 02:22:03 pm »
Thanks Sapphire I have searched the heck out of that! I have actually been looking for these on and off for 10 years :) Found you guys and figured what the heck!

KC, according to what I found that top name is actually where it was made. The pattern isn't listed as a number like normal. But the one thing I do see, that is hand written, is the 1/1 very curious to me! I never noticed before that it is a transfer (all the brown) then painted in by hand (the flowers).
Anyway here is the link to the mark: http://www.thepotteries.org/mark/p/plantrhsl.html

I knew that about the Scherzer piece as well but can not find that pattern anywhere, so I was hoping one of you had seen it.

Thanks bunches