Author Topic: Delicate etched glass collection...  (Read 1302 times)

grandmastreasures

• View Profile
Delicate etched glass collection...
« on: June 01, 2011, 08:48:52 pm »
Hello everyone. This glass collection is very delicate and thin, but has been kept in great shape. I have no idea how old it is or where it was made. Any ideas? Value? There are 6 cylindrical glasses(about 6" tall), 6 stemmed glasses (about 6" tall), and 3 larger stemmed glasses (about 8" tall). I only took pics of 1 of each, so the whole collection isn't represented here, just different angles of a sample of each.

Here's a link to my photobucket album. The pictures aren't fabulous, and I can upload them here if you'd like, but I hope you can at least get an idea from the photobucket pics.

http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb400/crystalandglass/More%20glass/

Oh yeah, and there's also a tea set in there if anyone knows anything about that. "Hand Painted" is written in cursive on the bottom.
Thanks!!!
Jeff

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Delicate etched glass collection...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:45:36 pm »
    Well, These make me drool a lot  ;D   I have been searching my books the past hour trying to find this pattern.    Thus far I have come up empty handed.   I'm Pretty sure what you have is a Cambridge pattern.  This is in their Acid Etched style,  Little too fancy for a Fostoria.  There are others who did this style but 90% of these out there are Cambridge, Fostoria was a bit more simple on the design but had fancy stems.  Anyway I would say you have a Cambridge Elegant Depression era Glassware.  I think I need to get me a good Cambridge Book, You could spent a few hours at replacments looking at the various Cambridge patterns, but you will find lots.  These Acid Etched Glassware items, hold pretty good value many will easily pay $30.00 to $50.00 for a pair of Wine Glasses.  I have to go back and look again, but I think you have parfait Glasses, these may bring you a bit more.  But a good ideal of Value is to go to Ebay type in Cambridge Stemware, go to Completed listing and see what you find.  You have some fine Glassware for sure.  Thanks for posting

grandmastreasures

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 09:11:07 am »
Again, ironlord. Thanks! I really appreciate that you're such a wealth of knowledge on glass.
Jeff

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 05:01:39 pm »
Agree w/ IL that it looks like a Cambridge pattern. I had some from an auction lot awhile back but have since sold. Replacements has lots of Cambridge pattern pics, with lots of time and a little patience you can probably find the pattern name.

"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

grandmastreasures

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 09:27:20 am »
Thanks, Oceans!