Author Topic: Heywood-Wakefield  (Read 1683 times)

smile4katie

• My living Antique :)
    • View Profile
Heywood-Wakefield
« on: June 02, 2011, 02:47:08 pm »
Hey guys I just snatched a HW for FREE! I was looking at it for two days for free in front of a house, thinking man that would make a cool lawn sofa. It wasn't until I decided to grab it that I found I now had another HW piece. So I can't find it online anywhere I am hoping one of you knows your stuff with them. Oh forgive the pics it's still in the back of my car!

It's is marked with the logo and also stamped C1462 66 but obviously missing the strapping

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:37:13 pm by smile4katie »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Heywood-Wakefield
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 03:59:07 pm »
Would be nice for a porch or deck !!  Value isn`t much but its worth a few bucks spent to restore the webbing and seat. Nice find !! Heywood Wakefield sold out and most of the old records are gone according to the current owner and they are still producing furniture. Vintage HW pieces are worth what ever you can get someone to pay for it !!

smile4katie

• My living Antique :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 04:04:08 pm »
If it's not worth anything in it's current condition then I'm just keeping it!
So would you think bad of me to poly the hell out of it and put it out in my yard for the seasons :) This thing will make an awesome outdoor "snuggle" sofa!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 07:43:51 pm »
I would say,, Go for it !!  Replace the webbing and check local thrift stores for cushions !! Get a couple of pillows to throw on it and you are set !!  And show us when its done !!  I like the trash to treasure thing !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 01:35:45 pm »
I agree!  It is very nice looking!  This would look great on an outdoor porch or the "in" "outdoor room" look!

Let us see the after photos!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!