Author Topic: Clementson Bros Ironstone Pitcher value?  (Read 1602 times)

SippinPippin

• View Profile
Clementson Bros Ironstone Pitcher value?
« on: June 11, 2011, 11:28:11 pm »
Hi.  I was out shopping today and picked up an ironstone pitcher.  I've tried to find out what it may be worth, but am coming up short.  It is the exact same one in this link at worthpoint.  Same markings, no cracks or problems.  I'm just wondering if I got a good deal or not?

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/clementson-bros-staffordshire-white-ironstone

Thanks in advance!

waywardangler

Re: Clementson Bros Ironstone Pitcher value?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 07:46:00 am »
The Worthpoint link is from 2006 so that selling price would have no relevancy to today's market. I see similar pitchers being offered for $145 and going unsold. How much did you pay would be the major question and do you like the pitcher?

SippinPippin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 10:02:23 am »
Well, I got it for $2 at the Habitat ReStore.  It was on the floor, on its side.  So I figured I did okay...  I just wondered what it was worth.  I got it because I liked it, didn't realize that it was "rare", according to worthpoint...  but I've never really looked at worthpoint, so I don't know if "rare" is *actually* rare! 

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 10:13:57 am »
    It may be Rare, but rare does not always mean Value.   Mostly Value is based on items that are collected.  Take Fenton for example, Many people collect Fenton, but Fenton made tons of any one item, Then there are those who collect types of item.  Pitchers are a good moderate collectible market, but here what makes the difference the looks or Unique value of the item.   Overall you can get about $20.00 to $50.00 for a Pitchers, usually based on Uniqueiness, but if you have a McCoy Unique cool Looking Pitcher you may get into the low $$$.00 on a good Ebay day that is.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 10:36:33 am »
And the use of the word "rare" is simply a selling ploy !!  Sopmething to get you to look at an item. Don`t take it seriously !!