Author Topic: antique books  (Read 1501 times)

mlmccann17

• View Profile
antique books
« on: June 23, 2004, 09:14:05 pm »
I have an original hamlet book hand dated November 13, 1900.  Can anyone tell me what this book is worth?

Tim

• View Profile
antique books
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 08:42:25 pm »
Hello.........Need more to go on.......Date; cover, ie: type of binding; types of boards etc.........publish er, and most important.......... .....condition..... .......

Respectfully......T im

PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID,
OR WHAT YOU SAID,
~ BUT ~
THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL.

Guest_mlmccann17

antique books
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 11:41:44 am »
There is nothing written inside the book, the only date in the book is the date it was received by my Great Grandmother.  I think that it is a school book from a drama class or something.  The cover is red leather with texture and a symbol on the front cover in gold of an eagle and armour.  It is in good condition.  A crack on the inside cover, must have been bent outward.  

Tim

• View Profile
antique books
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 09:45:30 pm »
Hello.........I don't show it listed in any reference books. I believe your book was mass produced, probably turn of the century and was probably for schools as such. Not a lot of value $10-15 in good condition. Coming from your great grandmother makes it priceless.......... ....... ;)

"God takes us on journeys we don't wish to go, He makes us use roads we don't want to use, To take us to places we never wish to leave." Ashley Null