Author Topic: Historically relevant - Antique asian instruments  (Read 1160 times)

Sjmeissner

• View Profile
Historically relevant - Antique asian instruments
« on: June 13, 2011, 09:01:24 pm »
Good evening all,

First off I would like to introduce myself as this is my first post. Did some spring cleaning recently when I came across a few very very important items. My grandfather worked with the USAF and was an advisor to Chiang Kai-Shek in Taiwan (do your history research) :). Well when he and his wife would come over for dinner he would always bring my mother instruments that he said were very important to him when he got them in china.

We have quite a few of them and think it's about time to sell them. We really have no idea where to start or how much they would go for. So I decided to come on here and enlist some help of the seasoned veterans to point me in the right direction.

I will be attaching a few pictures and I appreciate the help in advance! ;D

Sjmeissner

• View Profile
Re: Historically relevant - Antique asian instruments
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 09:18:04 pm »
Here are the photos:

Sjmeissner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 07:32:36 pm »
Shameless bump :]

If anyone can forward this to someone that might know a-thing-or-two about this - it would be greatly appreciated.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 12:54:48 pm »
I have looked at them but I am afraid these are out of my league as far as value.  Unless they are attributed to a known maker and marked or signed I do not think there would be much historical relevance. You would need some type of documentation to verify these pieces.