Author Topic: K & G Luneville Strasbourg  (Read 2737 times)

brandon g

• View Profile
K & G Luneville Strasbourg
« on: June 17, 2011, 11:51:36 am »
Around the house we have a bowl and an oval platter that have K & G Luneville Strasbourg written on the marking. The emblem on the marking looks like a shield with a crown above it. The bowl was made in 1731, and is yellow with tulips painted on it (platter too) . I have been looking around for more information on these two pieces but haven't had much luck. If anyone can help out or even find a price on either of the pieces it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The bowl looks similar to this, but it doesn't have a lid and is MUCH older: http://cgi.ebay.com/Luneville-OLD-STRASBOURG-Yellow-TUREEN-Casserole-Bowl-/130534012095?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e646ef4bf

Sorry for not having too much detail but that is as much as I can provide at this moment...

mariok54

• View Profile
Re: K & G Luneville Strasbourg
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 11:59:44 am »
We really need to see a photo of it, including one of the back stamp.

Here is a link to some of the early stamps.

http://www.libertys.com/lunevil.htm

You say that yours doesn't have a lid, does that mean that it looks as if it had one at some stage but it's no longer with it, or that it looks like it's never had one? That will make a massive difference to any value.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 12:06:05 pm »
    Are you getting the Date from the number stamped on the Bottom?   I think that would be a pattern number, rare to have date stamped on the bottom, these numbers are usually the pattern.

brandon g

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 12:32:35 pm »
The bowl never had a lid. I posted the link just to show the design and color of the bowl. I can try and get a picture of it Asap.

brandon g

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 12:37:15 pm »
The stamp almost matches the U-L27. Everything matches except on the bowl, there is a ribbon beneath the shield which has the date 1731. hmmm..

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 12:56:35 pm »
we need to have a pic to go any further, as for the date, if that is a date it may be the date the company started.  If you do have a dish from that age it would be quite the treasure, If we get a shot of the bottom we can tell if it is that old for sure.

waywardangler

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 12:56:51 pm »
1731 is not the date.  I agree with ironlord that is the pattern number.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 12:57:55 pm »
According to infofaience.com,, the company didn`t use the name K&G Luneville, until 1968. K&G didn`t purchase the company till 1892. There is a lot of it on the market so I do not know how rare it might be. I would think that it is not. You can read more at the above site.

brandon g

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 01:06:58 pm »
Whoops. My mistake with the date. haha. I'm trying to get these pictures onto the computer right now.

brandon g

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 01:22:48 pm »

brandon g

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 01:24:08 pm »

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 01:29:42 pm »
Wow pretty Dish.   Love that color.   The words Strasbourg Jaline would most likey be the pattern name.  Unfornate it has a crack, this would make the piece almost valueless.  Most people who collect or search for Pottery or glass will only take Excellent condition.  All in All it is a nice dish.

waywardangler

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 01:32:30 pm »
I agree with ironlord on the value of a cracked plate...valueless. The value on the tureen with missing cover is also going to be low. Finding a cover will be tough.

brandon g

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 01:33:10 pm »
Thank you. Do you think the bowl would have any potential value? There arent any stress cracks..

brandon g

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 01:34:55 pm »
By looking at the tureen, it doesn't seem there would be a place for a lid. Thanks for the help anyways, it was appreciated.