Author Topic: Glass Fish Bookends  (Read 1056 times)

khunn

• View Profile
Glass Fish Bookends
« on: June 19, 2011, 05:53:55 pm »
Thought these looked interesting, so I bought them( $21 ). Not sure how old they are, but they appear to have a natural glow to them so I was thinking uranium/vaseline glass. Unable to find anything that matches on google so just taking a chance that someone here might recognize.
They measure 10 inches high  x 9.5 inches long, weigh about 4lbs each, and have controled bubbles and gold flaking. Have included a couple photos of fish and base. Thnx for looking.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Glass Fish Bookends
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 09:04:28 pm »
    If it is Uranium / Vasaline Glass, get a black light Bulb and you will know.  These would be considered Art Glass and find matches on most Art Glass is really hard.  Blenko Glass uses a lot of Bubbles in their Art glass and Murano does some to.  These being the Big names that dominate the majority of Art Glass like this, Then with so many glass artist out there today it can be hard to pinpoint.  I would start by looking at Blenko Glass and then Murano and try and match style, I'm not sure how much Vaseline Glass these two produced but could be a start.