Author Topic: Salt and Pepper Shakers  (Read 1802 times)

Hybrid

• Never pass up an opportunity, a 2nd may not arise
    • View Profile
Salt and Pepper Shakers
« on: July 06, 2011, 03:59:52 pm »
 I have a set of salt and pepper shakers that seem antique, there are no manufacturer markings. one has a small cork to plug the filling hole...
 if anyone could provide information and possibly a value on these I would greatly appreciate it...thanx! : D

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Salt and Pepper Shakers
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 05:15:08 pm »
Many salt & pepper shakers are unmarked and with no mark very hard to track who produced them,  Yours are  not antique (100 years old) yours were produced  in 50s - 60s  probably made in  Japan ,Taiwan or China  value $5.00  very cute & people do buy them on ebay.

Hybrid

• Never pass up an opportunity, a 2nd may not arise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 07:07:24 pm »
oh ok thank you very much...  :D

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 10:16:56 pm »
    Wendy is correct about the collectablitiy of these cute treasure.  I have many, and have several, seem like it is not hard to sell.  One note is the ones with cork are usually a bit older, 40's, 50's.  The value is usually low, but sometimes if two wants the same, you can see the price get into $15.00 range.  Most were marked with paper label which has long since gone.  One note is cats are alway popular. 

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 08:52:13 am »
Just got through selling an entire collection of S&P shakers !! I agree with the others !!  Just curious though,, I had over 100 sets from the 40`s to 80`s and all of the ones I had were three holes for salt and two holes for pepper. These have three for each !! b I am guessing that they are both salt with no pepper !!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 08:55:55 am »
    Now I will have to go look at all mine to see if two or three hole theory holds true.  For the most part it doesn't matter, most of these are made without really any intention of use, mostly made like figurines and collectiables.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 09:00:46 am »
The entire collection I sold was  mostly in the, look but don`t use, catagory as they wouldn`t hold enough black pepper to use on my morning eggs !! Tell me if yours are the same as mine were !!