Author Topic: CS Prussia Chocolate Pot  (Read 1732 times)

jmwe29

• View Profile
CS Prussia Chocolate Pot
« on: August 01, 2011, 01:16:51 pm »
This chocolate pot was given to my mother years ago by her brother who traveled a lot; it was old when he gave it to her.  The bottom stamp says C.S. Prussia with a flower in green/blue.  According to porcelainmarksandmo re.com, this stamp was used between 1882 and 1918.  I have found a huge range of prices for these so I don't really know where to start with this.  Any ideas?

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: CS Prussia Chocolate Pot
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 06:51:56 am »
If you are looking to sell your piece  in this market I would place a value of $80.00 for your piece higher if you have more pieces to the set. Carl Schlegelmilch  who produced your piece worked for his father Leonard Schlegelmilch at Erdmann Schlegelmilch named  in memory of his father.  Carl later opened his own factory C.S. Prussia Personally I think his work is worth much more as he did not produce large numbers of his work as most factories did and his work is not as well known as say R S Prussia. As you said there is a huge range of prices on chocolate pots but many are not selling. good luck :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 02:11:31 pm »
These typically sell, in perfect shape, for $65 - $90 pot alone...and towards the higher end if it has alot more handpainting/ornate.  Prices are higher if, as Wendy177 stated, there are more pieces.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

jmwe29

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 08:29:32 am »
Thanks, Wendy and KC.  Rather disappointed that it's not worth any more than that.  May make a place for it in my china cabinet instead of selling it- Mom has always been so proud of that piece.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 08:40:21 am »
Personally jmwe29 I would keep it also beautiful piece and value may increase in time  :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 04:19:12 pm »
Agree with Wendy.  Your sentimental/personal value far outweighs any monetary value....that makes your piece priceless!!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!