Author Topic: I AM TICKED OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3666 times)

theeoldpoet1

I AM TICKED OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 07, 2011, 04:33:44 pm »
So, I had my auction up on ebay, guy tells me he will give me $30K for it and end the auction, so I did, then, He dissapeared, SO I re listed it again, "Now keep in mind it took me 3 months just to make the listing" Well, a guy in NY Wins the auction, this is the second one, and then, guess what? He dissapears wont return Calls. I dont understand people sometimes... I put so much work into this, time, effort, and I am selling all my collections as I have run low on funds..

HOW CAN WE BE PROTECTED SELLERS ON EBAY??

link removed by dontbe
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 10:09:12 pm by dontbe »

gardenspotgal

• View Profile
Re: I AM TICKED OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 04:37:13 pm »
Wow!  That's an impressive collection.  I have no idea why people bid and then disappear.  Hope you have better luck with the next buyer. :)

waywardangler

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 06:17:48 pm »
What surprises me is that you get bidders willing to bid thousands for items they can't authenticate, feel, smell, certify, verify, or otherwise view in person. Looking at pictures of piles of stuff just doesn't cut it in my opinion.

I hope you blocked the no bidders and filed non-paying bidder reports with eBay.

hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 07:01:44 pm »
First off your ad is very professional and impressive. In my opinion with a collection like that I would bypass ebay and go straight to an auction house with high rollers. i know they will clip ya for a percent, but with your collection....I think the sky is the limit. Also keep in mind the higher the bidding goes the more ebay will clip ya for. As far as being protected as a seller, there is no such thing. These dreamers and scammers are always messing it up for the real people on feebay.

waywardangler

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 08:29:54 pm »
Just for info, theeoldpoet posts about these lots on eBay from time to time and wonders if he/she should bid on them.  The regulars on here do not put much stock into what theeoldpoet posts because he/she keeps the truth about the auctions secretive as to ownership.  Wait...did someone cry fire in the theater?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:56:41 pm by waywardangler »

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 08:34:38 pm »
 :D  :D  :D

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 09:38:34 pm »
Since my first visit here I have had nothing but respect and admiration for the wonderful members who take the time to answer questions, give advice, welcome each and every new member and add their own personal touches to their posts and responses.  It's the best place to come for both information and sharing. It's also likely the only place where you can trust members when they give you information, answers or advice.

IMO this garbage (not my original expression) does not belong in a place that has proven itself over and over to be a wealth of information and willing, sharing  members.

Looks rather 'interesting' when you put it all together

Taken from Antique Forum threads-  http://www.antique-shop.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=11078;sa=showPosts

Taken from ebay seller feedbackhttp://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=taylorsmommy0310&&_trksid=p4340.l2560&iid=130550793250&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Dates of posts/feedback

$$ Amounts of sales posted in feedback as a seller

7     Antiques! / EBay Forum / YES I do have OVER 100 Pounds of coins for sale. DO NOT FLAG ME PLEASE    on: April 12, 2010, 10:07:20 PM

I have an estate collection up, it has ALL my collections. 100 pounds of coins, piles of old currency, etc.

The moderator has said that it looks suspicious, and I understand where he is coming from. Its not everyday someone auctions off almost all there items on eBay.

I am just writing to tell you the Auction is REAL, I am REAL, and someone is going to win this thing and get a REALLY good deal.

Heres the auction, Thank you

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=250612149081&Category=73464&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

---------------------------------------------------------------

Great seller, great items, excellent packing. Described perfectly..Thanks   cmodeere ( 631)     Feb-22-11 15:35

Estate lot gold silver coins currency notes antique set (#130480156018)   US $15,000.00   

----------------------------------------------------------------   

6     Antiques! / EBay Forum / What do you think of this? I found it on eBay, guy is like selling lifes collec    on: June 04, 2011, 10:31:49 PM
I am thinking of bidding, I dont know that much about all this stuff they have but I am asking you all if you think its worth it, my top bid would be $20K.

Please let me know.

HERE IS THE LINK
CLICK

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-lot-gold-silver-coin-currency-notes-set-Art-/130528310190?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D392464515351967423

--------------------------------------------------------

Great dealer, pleasure to deal with, very smooth transaction, very pro, Thanks   paul6703 ( 2459)     Jul-01-11 17:35

Antique lot gold silver coins currency notes set Art $ (#130514341750)   US $15,102.99   View Item

---------------------------------------------------------

3     Antiques! / Antique Questions Forum / WHO WANTS ALL MY ANTIQUES?    on: July 08, 2011, 08:06:17 PM
I AM SELLING IT ALL! LIFES COLLECTION OF ANTIQUES
Selling EVERYTHING a massive estate lot like no other ever seen.

here is the LINK TO CLICK

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-lot-gold-silver-coins-currency-notes-set-Art-/130543228904?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item1e64fb97e8

IF THE LINK DOESNT WORK GO TO EBAY AND PUT IN THE ITEM NUMBER Item number:   130543228904

gold silver coins art 75 pounds of coins antique currency notes bills $1 $2 $5 $10 $20 $100 clock french mantle crystal decanter art oil painting drawing candelabara diamond ruby opal ruby topaz sapphire ring necklace tea set household items vintage rare large small huge estate liquidation garage sale ebay invest listing morgan peace dollar half walking liberty gold certificate lot stocks proof set candle holder limoge porcelain

Sorry all, must have caught me in a pissy mood. :-[

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 11:23:46 pm »
Theoldpoet contributes nothing to the forum except advertising their items for sale. Has also lied on more than one occasion to all of us. Why exactly are they not banned like the other spammers/advertisers?! Caught me in a pissy mood, too!

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 11:39:04 pm »
Sapphire...  You're awesome!!   ;D  

I thought this was our resident advertiser!
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

waywardangler

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 05:54:21 am »
Yeah, sapphire, way to go!

findit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 07:45:16 am »
Hello oldpoet

I need you to participate in the forum beyond advertising/talking about your items for sale.

Please do not mention your ebay sales anymore until you establish a good reputation on the forum.

Regards, Ed Elser, the forum owner.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 02:52:27 pm »
You go Ed...You Go Forum....Rah Rah Rah!!!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 01:51:31 pm »
Like KC sez , ditto !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "