Author Topic: Blue Ridge Pottery ID question  (Read 2041 times)

wldrnsqltr

• View Profile
Blue Ridge Pottery ID question
« on: August 09, 2011, 04:01:21 pm »
I've got a set of Blue Ridge pottery - 4 each plates, bowls, saucers and cups. I've been online for hours trying to ID the pattern with no success. I've looked at hundreds of pictures but none are like mine. So is mine so common as to not merit any photos or what? Anyway, any ideas on pattern name, date it was made, etc? I think I've discovered that the shape is called "Skyline" but that's as much as I can determine for sure. Here's a photo of the plate and a shot of the backstamp.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: Blue Ridge Pottery ID question
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 06:13:40 pm »
   I did fine skyline Birds, and one called skyline ivy, maybe it would be called skyline floral.

gardenspotgal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 07:32:52 pm »
I googled Southern Potteries, Inc. and got lots of hits.  I don't know if any of them have the information you want, though.

wldrnsqltr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 09:02:15 pm »
Thanks for the responses, ironlord1963 and gardenspotgal. I've been online looking throughout the day and think that I've got the "Mayflower" pattern. I just looked at nearly 2,000 Blue Ridge Pottery pictures on eBay and several hundred more on a few other sites earlier today and found a handful of pieces with the same flower design. A few of those say they're Mayflower so unless one person said so and the rest copied, I guess that's the official pattern name. I've also sent emails to two Blue Ridge Pottery experts for confirmation. Whew! Who knew this could become so all-consuming? ;)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 07:34:39 pm »
Found a website that lists all the patterns for Blue Ridge.  If you run your cursor down the list the corresponding pattern picture shows up on the right hand side.   

BTW, there's a 'few' pages  ;)

http://blueridge-spi.com/pottery/patterns/a/index.html

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 07:57:43 pm »
Cool site sapphire thanks I have it filed away now ;)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 08:31:25 pm »
A bit more info from the same site.......

http://blueridge-spi.com/pottery/rap1997/history.html

Shapes:
"Skyline and Skyline Studioware which were introduced in 1950."

Stamp:
"The circular Blue Ridge logo stamp with the addition of the words "Detergent Proof" or "Oven Safe" was used in the 1950"s. "

wldrnsqltr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 09:02:28 pm »
Thanks for the link, Sapphire! I actually looked at every photo on that site yesterday but there wasn't one of my pattern. Fortunately, I found Jeff at the Southern Potteries website - http://www.southernpotteries.com/ - and sent him a photo. He confirmed that I indeed have "Mayflower" and even told me the mfg month and year (Oct 1955) based on a number I didn't even notice on the backstamp. And he's even modified my photo so he can post it on his site for others. This is so much fun!