Author Topic: Unknown handmirror from Big Texas, Howdy all!  (Read 1523 times)

MrDpad

• View Profile
Unknown handmirror from Big Texas, Howdy all!
« on: August 10, 2011, 01:59:45 pm »
Hey everyone I'm Dave, originally from California and now living in Texas. I joined this forum to get some help identifying some items I have and to show off some really nice pieces I own. I'll be making a formal post soon asking for help along with pictures and possible video, just gotta get my lazy butt in gear...

Here is one, actually its the one that's been bugging me the most. Its a mirror with no manufactures markings, its been a pain in the buttocks to track down. The glass looks to be actual glass and not highly polished silver (I wish, hahaha!) The back has a gold print covered in what looks like it might be plastic. Anyone see this mirror before?

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:44:16 am by waywardangler »

mart

• View Profile
Re: From Big Texas, Howdy all!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 11:27:40 am »
Don`t know how I missed this one since I am in Texas too !!  Hello there !!  Glad you joined !!  Please post your items in the Id/ Questions section and I am sure you will get plenty of help !! Your hand mirror is most likely from the 40`s,, was probably part of a dresser set that had comb, brush and mirror !!  They are pretty common !!  It is plastic on back !! Worth about $10. !!

MrDpad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 10:46:53 pm »
Hi mart, thanks for the reply! I'm glad to you stopped by my thread and filled me in on my mirror, now that I know more about it I'll start digging into the info I can find on these types of mirrors to get a better idea of just who made it. I'm also gonna get my other thread post here shortly, keep an eye out for it. I've got some turn of the century nick nacks that I'm sure will interest everyone on the board!

harriettdemas

• View Profile
    • Fire Boat
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 04:46:23 am »
That's really a great looking mirror!
Metalite Marine Fire-Master fire boat - a reliable and durable fire-fighting machine!

Oceans64

• View Profile
Re: Unknown handmirror from Big Texas, Howdy all!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 07:42:09 am »
Looking forward to seeing more Mr D - Welcome!
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey