Author Topic: BACCARAT CRYSTAL CANDLEHOLDERS  (Read 3894 times)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: BACCARAT CRYSTAL CANDLEHOLDERS
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 06:57:42 pm »
I know I ran across some single tier that went between $350 and $700-800.........heaven knows if I could find them again  :P

new2antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 09:09:10 pm »
 Thank you so much for the help. You and Sapphire are awesome. I talked to the person who gave me these today. Her parents passed away along time ago and she has kept these in storage. We are West Coast but her parents were avid antique collectors, getting pieces from East Coast and Europe. That's just what they did. I have other items I am going to post. She said all pieces are very very old, most 150 years and older. The baccarat candleholders are for sure baccarat, no question she said. Antique dealer told her they were but there are no markings. How do you determine?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 08:46:48 am »
It would be difficult to say with certainty !!  Thats why most auctions say that an item is "attributed to" a particular maker rather than saying it is " made by" a company/person !! Without something showing that a maker did produce something similar during a specific time period, thats about as good as you can do.

new2antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 09:26:57 am »
How does one go about selling items to get the best price, for example these candleholders?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 10:28:56 am »
You could check with an auction house in your area but there are fees that would be deducted from the selling price !! Usually 20 to 25% is what most are charging !!  Or you could put them in an antique shop on a consignment basis. They usually charge 15 to 20% here  but I would check on the fees before doing that !!  Best bet is just to advertise in your local paper or Craigslist and sell them yourself !!  I would be careful using Craigslist,, there are some freaky people in this world !!

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 07:32:01 pm »
I would strongly suggest having them looked at by a reputable antiques dealer before offering them for sale. You wouldn't want to undervalue these. Pretty sure someone on here could recommend who to see or contact..........as I've never done so myself or had anything that would warrant valuation.

Hang in there......reliable suggestions will likely come your way

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 01:54:28 pm »
Many reputable auction houses do have email evaluation services !!   Just google them in your area !!