Author Topic: CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THESE 3 FT BRASS CANDLESTICKS ARE KNOCKOFFS OR ORIGINALS  (Read 1147 times)

new2antiques

• View Profile
These came from the same home that my other posts have been.  Don't know to much about them and not sure if the larger round piece goes up or down. I did see these on a auction going for only about 50.00 and the round part was up. When I told my friend whom I got these from she said they would have been knockoffs then. These are probably from India and are heavy and she said originals. Any information on these would be helpful.
Thank you for all the help.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:20:19 am by new2antiques »

mart

• View Profile
Since they would be to catch drips from candles, they would need to be up !!  There are so many items similar to these can`t see why anyone would make a knockoff of them. Most are marked on the bottom !! Marked or unmarked $50. would be a good price for them !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Common in appearance with import decorative items from East Indies.  Good catch on the drip guard (aka bobeche) because most wouldn't catch that mart!  I my neck of the woods they would go for $25 - 30 ea....or $40 - 45 pair!  We have lots of import companies at malls and they sell brand new for $45+...but "used/sold" ones do not retain their value.  I know this is frustrating...but that is how the market runs!

Still nice/attractive.  Enjoy!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

new2antiques

• View Profile
Thank you, I figured as much but wanted to make sure.