Author Topic: A little assistance please, Ironlord !!  (Read 1360 times)

mart

• View Profile
A little assistance please, Ironlord !!
« on: August 17, 2011, 02:30:42 pm »
I posted this when I joined here and have not yet found the pattern name, I am hoping,, since you are more experienced on glassware, that you might help !!  I know most of the patterns that it is not,, but havent found the pattern that it is !!!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: A little assistance please, Ironlord !!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 02:46:23 pm »
     That would be considered a Diamond Quilt pattern of some sort.  Many makers used a variation of this pattern, I have a celery vase that is much like that pattern, and I'm pretty sure it is U.S. Glass, but not certain.  I think I'll go buzz around my books and see if maybe something pops up.  It appears to be a Ashtray, is this correct?

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:17:16 pm »
   Well just thumbed my way through two of my pattern Glass books, and have 4 names.  First two is made by U.S. Glass  Both are considered pattern #800 one called Bagware, and Paneled Diamond Cross, Hobbs made one called Divided Square, and one Unknown called Block and Pannelled.  There are many that are close, but not quite.  Now this would be assuming that you have a older piece of pattern Glass.  Many more new variation of the pattern being made today.  It appears to be a Higher quality piece of Crystal glass from the photos though.  It is really hard sometimes to track down the exact maker of pattern Glass when the motif is full panelled, or only one pattern throughout the piece.   When I get here I just usually list them as Diamond Quilt, Or Diamond Point.   That is if you plan on selling the item.  Sometime hours of research on items like this will kill the profit fast.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 03:53:59 pm »
   Funny was just processing my next piece which is Orrefors crystal and came accross this pattern again, named crystal eye, sure picked a hard one to track mart  ;)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 04:34:00 pm »
LOL,, Just trying to keep you on your toes I guess !!  It is not diamond point, or any of the obvious ones that  I run across !!  It is older pattern glass, not an ashtray though,, I am actually not sure what it is for !!  It is a bit sharp on the edges and points but it isn`t cut glass !!   It is 4X4 square but the handles are on the corners as you can see !! Guess I shall start looking at the ones you mentioned !! No I didn`t buy it to sell !! Have a few other pieces and thought they were all the same but looking closer,, there are slight variations in a few of them although from a few feet away,, you almost couldn`t tell !! Would like to buy a few more like this piece if I can find out what pattern it is !!