Author Topic: wood borers  (Read 2225 times)

amiga

• View Profile
wood borers
« on: August 22, 2011, 04:33:15 pm »
Hi all, long time no see,
I have researched this problem and have found out heaps but not what I want to know lol so I am here. I recently acquired an art deco wooden desk. It had about a million coats of varnish on it which I have spent many hours removing only to find borer holes. I know these are exit holes but is this piece safe to take into my house. Thanks for any info

mart

• View Profile
Re: wood borers
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 04:53:36 pm »
Did the holes go through the varnish?? 

amiga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 04:27:32 am »
No the holes did not go through the varnish .

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 07:57:51 am »
Then chances are someone found them before you did and thats the reason for all the varnish !!  You can wash it down with a mixture of permethrin (can get it at a farm store) and water, making sure it gets into the holes !! Or just mix it in a spray bottle and spray it on and let it dry. Air dry in the sun a few days if possible, or if its inside just make sure it gets good and dry, then continue with whatever you are doing to the piece !! As a rule if there is no dust coming out of the holes, they are dead !! The varnish cut off oxygen !!  There are many critters that will bore into wood including ants !!

Christinabb

• View Profile
    • Replica Chanel
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 08:17:57 pm »
Then chances are someone found them before you did and thats the reason for all the varnish !!  You can wash it down with a mixture of permethrin (can get it at a farm store) and water, making sure it gets into the holes !! Or just mix it in a spray bottle and spray it on and let it dry. Air dry in the sun a few days if possible, or if its inside just make sure it gets good and dry, then continue with whatever you are doing to the piece !! As a rule if there is no dust coming out of the holes, they are dead !! The varnish cut off oxygen !!  There are many critters that will bore into wood including ants !!

Rather good idea
the deepest satis faction Chanel Bags UK Online
Welcome to our online Replica Chanel store!
Chanel Replica Bags online jimmy choo replica bags cheap