Author Topic: CASPER DOLL  (Read 1534 times)

peterkulan

• View Profile
CASPER DOLL
« on: August 25, 2011, 01:50:32 pm »
Can anyone Schedule THIS DOLL LOOKS OLD OUT! What can you take in payment for sale of such

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Re: CASPER DOLL
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 04:21:59 pm »
It looks to be a marionette (string puppet). It is hard to tell actually old or if it has just seen a lot of use. Look at the sequins and see if they are plastic or some other kind of material. If they are mass-manufactured plastic, it would have to be later. Look at the hair and see if it appears to be human or some kind of animal, or a synthetic fiber. The white face (I'm guessing that is why you call it Casper, like Casper the Friendly Ghost?) could be Chinese Opera, in which case it could date back to about the 1920's. It could also be Japanese. Is it wood or papier mache?
Antiqueaholic in recovery

peterkulan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 11:10:29 pm »
It is wood and the eyes is also in wood and the eyes is ro9ling in the head when you nick up and down

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 02:11:03 pm »
Any identifying marks under the clothing?  How are the strings connected to doll?  Type of string?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

peterkulan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 03:04:20 pm »
Hello back from trip to Sweden's beautiful Härjedalen! Now I have some pictures Batra strings are fassatta with knots in holes drilled through the wood. It is real hair and it was a real dirty old man if he showed up totally for the kids.