Author Topic: Vintage Relish Dish  (Read 2916 times)

kidden6968

• View Profile
Vintage Relish Dish
« on: August 25, 2011, 02:01:09 pm »
I swear I have posted pics of this before but can't find it any place so please accept my apologies if I have.  This dish is numbered on the back 69/91 and there is some lettering stamped into the ceramic that I have been trying to decipher.  It is the same color - white and very hard to make out.  It is 2 words and the first word almost looks like it has an I and H and an upside down R with 2 letters in between but the second word is sand.  Does that help with identifying this at all?

My camera is charging right now and I will try to get a better picture of the bottom which only shows the numbering - can't see the words stamped in.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Vintage Relish Dish
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 02:39:24 pm »
You say its stamped into the glass ?? Do you have some food coloring ?? Put a drop of the darker color (i usually use red) in a large spoon and add a few drops of water. Then put a few drops of that on the letters and let it settle in and maybe you can see what it says !! Try to get it into the depressed letters,,it should slide off the rest !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 08:20:07 pm »
You can also try a rubbing...place paper over it and rub with side of pencil lead to try and bring it out on paper!

Reminds me of the style popular in the 1960's....
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

kidden6968

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 08:35:54 pm »
I haven't tried the food coloring but have tried the penciling -over and over  LOL  didn't work - some letters seem to be deeper than others. 

Deborahbv

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 02:55:06 am »
I better, perhaps, shall keep silent
I hear from a lot of people who are looking for Ugg Outlet
Welcome to the best  Ugg Outlet Online store buy cheap ugg boots

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 09:10:52 am »
Penciling over glass doesn`t usually work unless the letters are raised !!  Any colored liquid will work as long as it gets into the depressions !! I have used Kool Aid !!  Cherry or grape !!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 09:45:14 am »
Are we sure this is glass?,  Looks like a ceramic / China item to me.  I have a few times tried to find the pattern to this relish dish, and came up empty.   Is it possible to get a pic of the bottom, and the size of the item?   

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 11:06:49 am »
Dear new member Deborah, why must thou keepest quiet?  Dost thou have some information to share?

Ironlord, it is everyday style china like from a Homer Laughlin.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 11:46:49 am »

KC,, Me thinks she wants us to buy or at least look at her Ugg boots !!  She has done the same on another post !!

Dear new member Deborah, why must thou keepest quiet?  Dost thou have some information to share?

Ironlord, it is everyday style china like from a Homer Laughlin.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 11:53:13 am »
Thanks Mart.  Have been off the forum quite a bit helping care for father-in-law and funeral.  

kidden696B, you can even hand draw what you are seeing and post a pic of your sketch!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 11:53:49 am »
    Yea If I was to look at the item without the bottom, I would of guess someting like Homer, However Homer is very good about marking there items, if we can get pics of the bottom that may bring us closer to conclusion.  One would think it would not be hard to find, because of the unique Feather pattern, but it would seem that it is.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 02:27:14 pm »
  Yes, I have noticed your absence !! We missed you !!

Thanks Mart.  Have been off the forum quite a bit helping care for father-in-law and funeral.  

kidden696B, you can even hand draw what you are seeing and post a pic of your sketch!

kidden6968

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 06:30:20 pm »
Hi everyone,  Been busy preparing for this hurricane that is bringing tropical winds and rain to upstate NY.  I do have a picture but you can only faintly see the stamped lettering  and there is a little shake but it is numbered 16/89.  I can try to get better pics after the storm - am getting a little better   ;D