Author Topic: need some info one this cup and saucer i have PARAGON made in england 1935  (Read 1764 times)

qzcvqzcv

• View Profile
just want to know maybe value there is no cracks or chips on the bottom of the plate says PARAGON by appointment FINE CHINA made in england REG and has in red markings G2793 H.  any info or any questions i will try my best to answer them

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
As a general rule most tea cups of this age and design are worth about $20.00, ebay around $10.00

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
Does it say Paragon or The Paragon?  From what I see online about their backstamps looks like Paragon China was the name 1903-1919 and then was changed to The Paragon China Company in 1920, so your pieces are probably 1903-1919.  G2793 H is the pattern number.  The price range varies anywhere from $16.99 to $130, probably depending on the availability of the pattern.  They go for more in online antique shops, eBay is mostly in the $15-30 range.  I didn't find any in your exact pattern though, so you may be able to get more of a midrange price.  Depends on where you're selling & how you go about doing it.

qzcvqzcv

• View Profile
http://www.btinternet.com/~paragoncollector/backstamps/backstamps.html is where i get the date from u can see the backstamps

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
As Ironlord stated, average teacup/saucer set in mint condition sell for $20 (at a store or antique booth) IF in a highly desirable pattern.

Paragon isn't considered "top of the line" for cup collectors and is considered more of an "every day" type of China (Although a very good china in it's service, quality and longevity). The $ is dictated by buyer demand. 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

qzcvqzcv

• View Profile
thanks for all the help