Author Topic: 2 Glass Cups with C Logo  (Read 1864 times)

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
2 Glass Cups with C Logo
« on: September 03, 2011, 12:51:06 pm »
Now here's a glassware marking I've never seen before:  a squashed C.  I'm not sure if these are sorbet/sherbit cups or like short goblet glasses, but if I don't find the manufacturer &/or the style I'm going to get lost in a sea of 100 billion regular old glasses for sale.  These came from a personal property auction that had some good brands:  Fenton, Imperial, Royal Irish Crystal, Hazel-Atlas, and some Shawnee pottery.  I'm thinking it may be a good maker but haven't been able to peg down any possibilities yet.  I believe they are glass and not crystal because they do not "ping" whatsoever, but the seam--if there even is one--is very well concealed.

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
Re: 2 Glass Cups with C Logo
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 12:51:57 pm »
A better look at the marking on the bottom.  It's on both glasses but only legible on one of them.

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 01:08:25 pm »
Can't quite make out the logo, but could and looks like a cambridge.  Is the C inside a triange?

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 01:09:35 pm »
Nope, just a C by itself.  I'll look at some Cambridge markings, thanks!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 01:30:58 pm »
 I would say These cups  went with a punch bowl originally. Do they all have the same mark and could you possibly get better photos of the mark.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 01:58:57 pm »
I think I remember that handle shape with cups from a sandwich set,, 60ish !!

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 02:53:28 pm »
They both have the same mark, but one of them is too smeared in to really see, this is the clearest pic I could get unfortunately.  I'm pretty sure it's a C, it also looks like a horseshoe or U but most likely C.

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 11:07:47 pm »
Well now I'm really confused.  I found this link http://hourglassantiques.ecrater.com/p/1202982/imperial-crystal-punch-cup-s  which calls a cup that looks identical to mine an Imperial, saying it is modeled after the Heisey Colonial Pattern (which has a rounded handle versus this type of straight-edge top handle) and that Imperial acquired Heisey's molds.  However the one at that link has the Imperial Glass stamped logo on the bottom and mine do not.  Could this possibly be a dead end when they look otherwise so identical?   ???  Now I'm not even sure that I have 2 C's on the bottom, since one is too smudged to read...maybe it's an H and a C for Heisey Colonial?  I don't know why these particular two cups (I think they are punch cups, thanks to who suggested that!) are haunting me so much.