Author Topic: 1925 heywood-wakefield cast iron capitol theater seat end  (Read 2016 times)

neaput1

• View Profile
1925 heywood-wakefield cast iron capitol theater seat end
« on: September 07, 2011, 09:04:13 pm »
Purchased this at a local auction in Truth or Consequences NM for $6. We have spent many hours on the internet trying to find out any info on the item. We could only find one picture of another one http://www.urbanremainschicago.com/index.php/c-1925-original-heywood-wakefield-cast-iron-capitol-theater-seat-end.html  We thank you for any information on the item and it's possible value if any. Thanks

neaput1

• View Profile
Re: 1925 heywood-wakefield cast iron capitol theater seat end
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:07:25 pm »
Was having a hard time uploading more than one pic at a time. So here ya go.

neaput1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 09:13:23 pm »
and

neaput1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 09:20:52 pm »

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 06:38:33 pm »
Have done some research on your piece I love it!! if you search heywood-wakefield cast iron seat ends you will find several most with seats. I would say about $90.00 for your end piece. Prices run very high with seats attached. heywood-wakefield co.
was located in Gardner mass. very close to were I am from. . The Heywood-Wakefield Company Complex in Gardner Massachusetts was added to the National Historic Register in 1983. Try and contact them to see if they have more info.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 07:38:47 pm »
I would say it's worth a little bit less than wendy stated in my area. Around $50-$60 around major cities. I see these Heywood-Wakefield seats on craigslist quite often with 1-3 seats attached. The 1 seaters (with both ends+seat in good condition) usually sell for about $80. The 3 seaters usually go for about $200. With just an end piece, although it's a very beautiful piece, what exactly could someone do with it? Maybe someone restoring a seat would need it but they would have to have an exact match. I think ebay would be your best bet for selling.

neaput1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 06:21:54 pm »
I must say that before posting this, we searched the internet over and over to find this ( exact ) seat end. The fact that i can only find one example of it tells me there are not alot out there. This is the seat end but also the isle end. This was also made for the capitol theater in Chicago around 1925 that was demolished. I thank you so much for any research you have done. It's just that when collecting coins you should not just think " wow, i have a wheat penny! " and leave it at that. You must find what year, how many minted, condition, errors, demand for the item. Heywood-wakefield has made alot of seat ends and are not hard to find in google search. This one however is.