Author Topic: Old Firestone Calendar  (Read 2310 times)

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
Old Firestone Calendar
« on: September 08, 2011, 06:25:08 pm »
Another one that I have no idea how to price because I can't find a single other one just like it, and since you all are so smart & knowledgeable I ask for your advice!  A 1936 Firestone calendar with a colored 28.75"x13.125" illustration, the whole piece is 41.75"x20.875".  It has all the months.  How would you guys price something like this, do you think?  The illustration on the top has almost a watercolor look about it and is brightly colored: a huge tire amongst trucks, cars, a motorcycle and a tractor on the road (many of the characters are waving at one another), a plane, a train, mountains, sailboats on the lake, and the cityscape of the Pittsburgh in the distance.  The calendar pages themselves are black & white and the empty day slots on each month have little illustrations of Firestone products like Polishing Wax, Brake Lines, Tires, etc. 

hosman321

• View Profile
Re: Old Firestone Calendar
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 06:48:57 pm »
What a cool calendar! Those graphics are awesome. I would start it at $19.99 on ebay and see where it goes. If you start it too high, people may pass it by. People that start bidding on something are much more likely to spend more and follow through than those who just "watch" something. Make sure to post it in the gas and oil advertising sign section!

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 06:53:53 pm »
Well I do have a $50 offer on it already from someone I know, so I probably can't price it that low on eBay, though I really appreciate your advice.  Because I've taken that gamble with eBay before and something might sell that week for exactly what I was asking for it, and then I kick myself for not going with the person that offered me cash for it!  I was thinking of either starting it higher than that or putting it lower but with a reserve.  Because for under $50 I'd obviously want to sell it to the person I know, you know?

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 06:54:43 pm »
PS- thanks for the compliment on it...the graphics really blew me away, too!  :)  As I was unrolling it I just about fell over.

hosman321

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 07:59:49 pm »
I think $50 is a fair price for it, although it could go for more. You're right, start it at $50 if you got an offer for that much. Who knows, you could get a lot more. Especially if you get a guy that has a car from that year or was born in '36. ;)

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 08:26:11 pm »
Thanks so much, hosman!  I really appreciate & value your input!  Everyone on this forum is so darn friendly.  I'm on here dozens of times a day these days!  SO happy I found it.  We need a virtual hug smiley on this board  ;D

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 08:32:32 pm »
    Yea I just ran one of my quick Ebay Values to see.  Overall, Lots of Calenders on Ebay, "Heavy Compition", a few sold for over $100.00 " these was mostly exceptional , like signed Rockwells"  The price in general seems to be around $50.00 in general, and easy sale at $19.99.  The only other note was I think your is cooler then most of the ones I seen, majority seems to be from 1950, poster girl ones.  I think yours has a basic good shot of making $50.00 on Ebay but would be a easy sale at $19.99.  So I say sell it to your friend, that seems to be a good fair value.

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 08:47:05 pm »
Thanks, ironlord  ;D  Since I can't find any other one exactly like it--most of the ones I found were 1950s-ish, too--I've got to put it on eBay just for the heck of it and see what happens.  If it doesn't sell I'll give it to her.  It's not that she didn't offer me a fair value; but I also can hear her husband now saying "she's got way too much stuff around here anyway!"  Do I really want to hear that for the rest of my life?  Haha!

flablitz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 10:31:51 am »
Thanks so much, hosman!  I really appreciate & value your input!  Everyone on this forum is so darn friendly.  I'm on here dozens of times a day these days!  SO happy I found it.  We need a virtual hug smiley on this board  ;D

Here is a image you can use.

Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/2lzxxg.gif[/IMG]