Author Topic: Ceramic/Pottery "Crinkle" Planter  (Read 4595 times)

hosman321

• View Profile
Re: Ceramic/Pottery "Crinkle" Planter
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 05:54:39 am »
Do you know when Tiffany might have made that one? Much later or about the same time as the original? That fish bowl with the stand just makes me drool, I bet it went for a lot!

Oceans64

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 08:04:24 am »
Nice piece Greenhorn!! Loving that fish bowl too!
"In times like these, it is helpful to remember that there have always been times like these." — Paul Harvey

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 11:43:02 am »
Thanks, Wendy & Oceans!  In case anyone stumbles upon one of these in the future, the McCoy Pottery Collectors Society was kind enough to write me back with this information on the green planter:  "The Nelson McCoy Pottery produced your type planter in 1967. The company did not assign a particular name to it, but just called it a 'Dish Garden'. Sometimes collectors give various pieces a name, so you can run into various names all the time.
    The Style Number of this planter McCoy is 683.
    In good condition its value is around $20.00."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:45:42 am by GreenhornGirl »

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 11:50:08 am »
I do know most Ruba Rombic was produced by Consolidated  created by Reuben Haley ,but it was also made by  Lalique , Kopp- Ruba Rombic made in Swissdale Pennsylvania in 1928 by Nicholas Kopp, a former worker from the Consolidated Company, Muncie(pottery) Ruba Rombic , Phoenix made one Ruba Rombic item, a Fish bowl.
Would need to research the tiffany line.
Pottery in Ruba Rombic? Yes! The designer of the Ruba Rombic line, Ruben Haley designed a line of pottery in the style of Ruba Rombic for the Muncie Pottery Company in Muncie Indiana in 1929. The Muncie glazes along with the pottery medium bring out even another dimension to the cubistic forms and shapes.